Taking the essentials exam today

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Trying to bang out the trinity before the 31st. I am taking 702 next Thursday.

Wish me luck. I used Messer's A+ training solely

Comments

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You got this bro. Come back with the victory!!!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck today!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks guys!

Yeah I didn't get to or want to watch the Messer videos beyond 701. I'm starting to feel the grind.

After I pass :) Ill watch the second portion of Messers videos.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    good luck
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    Good luck man, If nobody told you, the 702 is harder than the 701(it was for me at least). Its all troubleshooting and scenarios, not like the 701, which is all facts. I haven`t watched the Messer videos for A+ but if they are as good as the Net+ videos you should be fine.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Passed 701 with a 827. Hopefully I can pass 702. I had about 30 mins to spare so I did go back over some answers. I felt like a lot of the OS questions I blew through. I just took Network + about 3-4 weeks ago and I squeaked by with a 775, however having that networking knowledge helped a lot.

Thanks for all the good wishes I really do appreciate it.
  • moparbobmoparbob Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How hard was it? I am taking mine next Friday and the following Tuesday? How did u study? What kind of questions was there? I have read Mike Meyers A+ seventh edition and watched Professor Messer's videos.

Thanks,
    Bob
    moparbob wrote: »
    How hard was it? I am taking mine next Friday and the following Tuesday? How did u study? What kind of questions was there? I have read Mike Meyers A+ seventh edition and watched Professor Messer's videos.

Thanks,
    Bob

You should be fine if you read that book. I just watched the videos and went off of my experience.

Never taken 702 so I have no idea.
  • TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    moparbob wrote: »

Thanks,
    Bob

Well if you fully understand the material nothing is hard. i always use the analogy of "Remember back in grade school when you took a test you thought was easy but your buddy sitting next/behind/in front of you kept bugging you for answers. It wasnt because he/she was stupid, it was because you knew your stuff and was prepared by studying and they didnt" With that in mind i was new to the IT field so truobleshooting PCs was COMPLETELY new to me. Anybody can memorize some facts but when you have to use reason and logic for the answers, well it helps to fully understand the material.
    I took a 3 month course that was all hands-on. I got an 895 on the 702 but i went over all of my questions to make sure of it. As far as the type of questions....Multiple choice, multiple answer and i don`t remember if there were true and false ones. if you are passing the practice test because you understand the material and not because you remember your answer from last time, you will be fine.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Copngrats man..was wondering when You'd be back on to announce your win.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    earweed wrote: »
    Copngrats man..was wondering when You'd be back on to announce your win.

Thanks M8
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    when you taking 702?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    when you taking 702?

I have 702 scheduled this Thursday around noon.

It was the only day I could get off work this week. Since the holidays and all.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    N2IT wrote: »
    I have 702 scheduled this Thursday around noon.

It was the only day I could get off work this week. Since the holidays and all.

I took the A+ about a week apart myself. You should do well...especially since you got one test out of the way. When I took A+ it was after work and I didn't want to be home very late.

At this rate, you should have the Trinity done in no time. Best of luck!!
    erpadmin wrote: »
    I took the A+ about a week apart myself. You should do well...especially since you got one test out of the way. When I took A+ it was after work and I didn't want to be home very late.

At this rate, you should have the Trinity done in no time. Best of luck!!

Yeah after this and security + (hopefully no guarntees) It will be all Excel and Access. I also signed up for a Visual Basic class 1 and 2 for the following year. To be honest I might not get to security plus. It's looking more distant each day, but you never know.

The potential position I am going to be hired for is going to require a lot of metric driven decisions. i won't be making the decision, but providing the data is a logical format.