Question about lifetime grandfather clause for Net+

flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
If I want to take Net+ before the year completes, if passed, you are certified for life? If you pass it in 2011 and beyond, that clause is gone, and you have to take CPE's? sort of like (ISC)2 model?
Next up: OSCP

Comments

• gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    Yes you can keep it up to date with continuing education units: check the faq CompTIA Certification Renewal Policy

even if you are certified for life - you could enroll in the CE program and keep your transcript up to date. if you fail to stay current in the CE program you would then revert back to the previous "certified for life" status. although I'm not sure why most people would do that.
  • flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    gosh1976 wrote: »
    Yes you can keep it up to date with continuing education units: check the faq CompTIA Certification Renewal Policy

even if you are certified for life - you could enroll in the CE program and keep your transcript up to date. if you fail to stay current in the CE program you would then revert back to the previous "certified for life" status. although I'm not sure why most people would do that.

I'm wondering if doing CPE's for Net+ would count as parallel acceptable cpe's for cissp.
    I'm grandfathered for life into security+.
    Next up: OSCP
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    flatworld wrote: »
    I'm wondering if doing CPE's for Net+ would count as parallel acceptable cpe's for cissp.
    I'm grandfathered for life into security+.

If you obtain Network+ and/or A+ before the end of the year, if you enroll in the CE program and get your 50 CEUs for Security+, you will get a A+, Network+ and Security+ CE because Security+ is considered the highest of all them.

(You only need to update the Security+, in other words.)

See the post I posted in the Security+ forum on the thread that discusses this in detail.
  • akushilanakushilan Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello guys i just want to ask about the ce program because i'm worried about the validity of my certification a+ 220-601 and 220-602 i've passed this exam before 2011 and i know this certification is life time.anyway what bothers me is that i accidently enrolled in ce program and am not planning right now to continue my comptia studies.What will happen if i didnt complete all the requirements like payment fees etc before the expiration date,will it effect my a+ certfication like getting uncertified tnx guys hope you can answer my question