FXS port question

Just got the last piece of hardware for my voice lab yesterday.

My setup is a 2611xm with a nm-2v a 2fxs and a 2fxo . i also have 2 7960g phones.
I have a fxo port connected to the PSTN.
I have assigned buttons to both phones and i can recieve calls and place calls internally and to /from the PSTN.
I have the buttons setup on both ip phones so when someone calls my house both 7960's ring.

is there a way to make the fxs ports ring as well when someone from the outside calls? I can dial out on the fxs ports and i can call them from the ip phones.

Thanks

John
CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014

Comments

• tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    Good question it's got me reading more.... I wish I had an FXO and FXS to play with ... $$$$ ;)

I'm pretty sure this is going to require and inbound dial peer that points at the FXS port. I will keep looking for the command syntax but someone else feel free to chime in with he answer..
    I think I've got it!

Router#configure-terminal
    Router(config)#voice-port 0/1/0
    Router(config)#signal loopstart
    Router(config-voiceport)#connection plar opx 1000
    Router(config-voiceport)#end

1000 is the dn of the analog phone.

Lemme know if that works...
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    tha_dub wrote: »
    I think I've got it!

Router#configure-terminal
    Router(config)#voice-port 0/1/0
    Router(config)#signal loopstart
    Router(config-voiceport)#connection plar opx 1000
    Router(config-voiceport)#end

1000 is the dn of the analog phone.

Lemme know if that works...

Unless I'm mistaken, PLAR will configure the reverse of what he wants. It will cause the phone, when picked up, to automatically dial the extension configured in the command.

As mentioned previously, you will probably need to configure a POTS dial peer and point the extensions you want your analog phones to ring on to the fxs ports they are connected to.

Dial Peer Configuration on Voice Gateway Routers - Appendix A - Dial Peer Configuration Examples [Cisco IOS Software Releases 12.3 T] - Cisco Systems

I'm a bit rusty on FXS ports.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
    I think the idea is to apply the syntax to the FXO port. When someone calls the FXO will answer the line and auto dial the FXS dn.

Even using google to solve the problem leads me back to techexams....

Here is a complete answer
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-voice/51030-cme-config.html
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Dub has it right...

voice-port 0/1/0 is the FXO, when it go "answers" the call and goes off-hook after 1 ring (default), it will then place a supervised (opx keyword) PLAR call to 1000
  • johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    Sorry for the confusion, i have the plar setup . When a call comes in from the fxo port both voip phones ring but the fxs port does not. This is the part i need to figure out.
    I can place an outside call from the fxs port and I can call the fxs port from the voip phones i just need to make the fxs port ring when a call comes in from the outside.
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
    johnwest43 wrote: »
    Sorry for the confusion, i have the plar setup . When a call comes in from the fxo port both voip phones ring but the fxs port does not. This is the part i need to figure out.
    I can place an outside call from the fxs port and I can call the fxs port from the voip phones i just need to make the fxs port ring when a call comes in from the outside.

I'm 90% sure you want to make a pots dial peer pointing the dialed number you want to ring your analogue phones to the fxs ports.

You would be looking to make something like:
    dial-peer voice 1 pots
     destination-pattern *******
     port 1/0/0

dial-peer voice 2 pots
     port 1/0/1

Where the "*******" are you put the number you want to ring your analog phones, and where "port 1/0/0" and "port 1/0/1" are you put the voice port the phones are connected to. This should allow the gateway to ring those phones attached to the ports when a dialed number matches whatever you fill in for "*******".

In your case, you want "*******" to be your houses phone number received from the pstn. Let me know if it works. If not, we may have to wait for someone greater than I to step in ;).
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    I can make it work that way but then it wont ring the other 2 voip phones. basiclly i want an incoming call from the pstn to ring the fxs analog phone and the voip phones.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can make it work that way but then it wont ring the other 2 voip phones. basiclly i want an incoming call from the pstn to ring the fxs analog phone and the voip phones.

I can be way off on this (I've not really been keeping up with my Voice studies), but it sounds as if you're wanting some sort of hunt group setup. I could be off (wouldn't be the first and definitely will not be the last)! icon_lol.gif

HTH.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
    I thought about that but cme 4.1 doesnt support parellel hunt groups.

Now I'm guessing, but try adding a voip dial peer targeting your CME router.

eg...
    dial-peer voice 3 voip
     session-target ipv4[IMG]https://us.v-cdn.net/6030959/uploads/images/smilies/icon_mad.gif[/IMG]xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Same as before, only the xxx's should be your CME's IP Address. I have NO IDEA if the router is able to forward the call to all targets at the same time, and I also have no idea how it decides which one to pick if it does, but its worth a shot -shrugs-.

I feel like this is something I knew back when I actually played with CME... let me know what you find out =) I'd toy with it too but I'm lacking an FXS card... and my router is as work...
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote:
    Finally!!!!!

using stcapp i am able to create an ephone from an fxs port!!

relevant config

stcapp
    stcapp ccm-group 1

voice port 1/0/0 (fxs port)
    timeouts ringing infinity

voice-port 1/1/0 (fxo port connected to PSTN)
    connection plar 10

sccp
    sccp local loopback0
    sccp ccm 10.0.0.33 identifier 1 version 4.1 (same as telephony source address)
    sccp ccm group 1
    bind interface loopback0
    associate ccm 1 priority 1
    associate profile 1 register sonypots
    dial-peer voice 13 pots
    service stcapp
    port 1/0/0

ephone-dn 3
    number 13
    label Sony POTS (13)
    name sony pots

ehpone 3
    device-security-mode none
    mac address xxxx.xxxx.xxxx
    type anl
    button 1o10,3