slots filling up fast

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
I thought I would just let you all know that if you plan on taking any CompTia certifications before the end of the year, hurry and schedule the exam now. Slots are running out fast for this year. I had to schedule the Security+ exam on the 15th instead of the 21 just because everyone is rushing to get the spots.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    Yes indeed they are. A buddy of mine was scheduling for the A+ and he had to end up changing testing centers because our local one was completely booked up.
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yes indeed they are. A buddy of mine was scheduling for the A+ and he had to end up changing testing centers because our local one was completely booked up.

I squeaked in this thursday for 702. Hopefully I can pass or I'll be doing it on the 28th :/
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Tell me about it! They made me push my 70-290 off until 1/3/11 because there were no dates left at my local center.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    I barely got a spot for the A+ and now I'm afraid I won't be able to take Net+ till January icon_sad.gif Could drive to Nashville, but that seems a bit extreme.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    feels good to live in ny .=p
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Here in the Memphis area it seems like no one cares enough. When I did my 4 tests there was no one there except this last time with Security+ there was a guy that just finished up his 702 right as I walked in. Then again that's just how the city is. icon_sad.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    holy crap, prometric in my area is done for the year! i checked two weeks ago and there were so many dates.. must check pearson vue now..
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yea its soo crazy. I'm glad I got the spot that I did. It's way better than nothing.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • phonetic.manphonetic.man Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I ran into this a month ago with VUE. The strange thing was/is that all of the Prometric centers had open slots.

I live in a small town and the closest testing center is 1hr away (they do both VUE and Prometric but only have 4 computers total for testing). I had my Security+ test scheduled with VUE and the center cancelled. By the time I could reschedule the test I ended up driving 2.5hrs to Seattle.
    Currently studying: Backup Academy, CWNA, MCSA:08, iBoss ISCP
    badboyeee wrote: »
    holy crap, prometric in my area is done for the year! i checked two weeks ago and there were so many dates.. must check pearson vue now..

ok now im waiting to receive my discount voucher. found a couple dates with pearson vue, i have to drive a bit farther now but its ok. thanks for the heads up OP icon_thumright.gif

Class taking:

• PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This morning I was checking times to schedule the CCENT. For about 10 mins I was thinking if I should schedule my test for the 15th @ 11am or not. During that time two of the other times slots disappeared, so I went ahead and scheduled it. Then I got an e-mail this evening to set up a job interview and I had to pick from 6 different time slots and I decided the 15th would be the most convenient for the interview. Then I got to thinking I better reschedule my CCENT test so I don't have to deal with a test and a interview on the same day. I'm glad pearsonvue makes rescheduling a test just as easy as scheduling a test.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
    okay im all set for the 23rd icon_cool.gif
    Priston wrote: »
    This morning I was checking times to schedule the CCENT. For about 10 mins I was thinking if I should schedule my test for the 15th @ 11am or not. During that time two of the other times slots disappeared, so I went ahead and scheduled it. Then I got an e-mail this evening to set up a job interview and I had to pick from 6 different time slots and I decided the 15th would be the most convenient for the interview. Then I got to thinking I better reschedule my CCENT test so I don't have to deal with a test and a interview on the same day. I'm glad pearsonvue makes rescheduling a test just as easy as scheduling a test.

I passed my Network+ then had an interview a couple hours later. Passing Network+ did give me a higher level of confidence right before going into the interview, but still, I don't recommend scheduling an exam and an interview on the same day, lol.

Class taking:

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    badboyeee wrote: »
    okay im all set for the 23rd icon_cool.gif

I passed my Network+ then had an interview a couple hours later. Passing Network+ did give me a higher level of confidence right before going into the interview, but still, I don't recommend scheduling an exam and an interview on the same day, lol.

Works ok if you pass, but if you fail you will likely be all mopey and not a prime candidate to pitch yourself.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    This makes me wish I studied for Linux+.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ibcritn wrote: »
    This makes me wish I studied for Linux+.

That does look like a fun certification and interesting!