Question for those who have Associate of (ISC)2

joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just wondering, do employers generally know what this certification is? I imagine people are used to seeing "CISSP" etc, but I would imagine most HR people don't even know what (ISC)2 is.

Also, what do you put on your resume if you want to show that you are an Associate of (ISC)2?

Would putting something like "CISSP: Associate of (ISC)2." be in appropriate?

Sorry for the weird question, and thanks in advance :)
WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)

Comments

• mochaaddictmochaaddict Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I didn't even put it on my resume.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Technically, everyone who passes the CISSP and SSCP exam is an "Associate" until they become fully endorsed. If you are immediately perusing full certification after passing the exam(s), there is no reason to put the Associate designation on your resume. However, if you have passed the exam(s), but do not yet have the requirements for the full certification, by all means include it.

Some employers may only care that an employee, or job applicant, has passed the CISSP exam and not necessarily have the full certification. And then again, some employers may not understand the difference. The important part is that you do not misrepresent what it is that you have achieved.

https://www.isc2.org/associates/default.aspx
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    Just wondering, do employers generally know what this certification is? I imagine people are used to seeing "CISSP" etc, but I would imagine most HR people don't even know what (ISC)2 is.

Also, what do you put on your resume if you want to show that you are an Associate of (ISC)2?

Would putting something like "CISSP: Associate of (ISC)2." be in appropriate?

Sorry for the weird question, and thanks in advance :)
    If this is a matter of getting an interview or resume views on a job search site, it's imparitive to include it on your resume. The term '(ISC)2' is what is searched for. Having it on your resume will make it float to the top and be noticed more often.

Still, don't misrespresent yourself as fully certified if you're not. And to answer the question; Some know what it is and some don't. Some hiring managers don't have anything to do with IT departments at all. They match resumes to keywords and call for interviews.
  • secbensecben Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I dont know how your organization works. In my country, technical heads do initial interviews, so they know what ISC2 means. And they also know that it's not easy to pass the CISSP exam. Then after the technical guys approve the candidate, HR is only handles what HR has to do.

I think it does add value to your resume.
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    secben wrote: »
    I dont know how your organization works. In my country, technical heads do initial interviews, so they know what ISC2 means. And they also know that it's not easy to pass the CISSP exam. Then after the technical guys approve the candidate, HR is only handles what HR has to do.

I think it does add value to your resume.
    My last two interviews were initiated by HR or a Hiring Manager. After the initial screening I was then interviewed by the Sr. Techi from each department that I would be working in. I do not think this is a matter of country so we won't get into that. Every organization is structured differently and they all have different hiring practices.

If it was me, I'd include Associate of (ISC)2 on my resume/CV.
  • IraqGun2CISSPIraqGun2CISSP Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can put "Associate of (ISC)2" after your name. Then on a CV/Resume or Cover Letter, put that you passed the CISSP exam (month/year optional), and that you currently hold ISC2 Associate status currently working towards full certification.

It's also a good idea to put how many years you have toward the 5 yr work requirement to hold full certification. E.g., 3 yrs toward the 5 yr requirement.

My two cents.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The exact line I have on my resume is: "Associate of (ISC)2 (CISSP Application Pending)"

That seemed to be a key factor in getting my most recent job offer.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    dynamik wrote: »
    The exact line I have on my resume is: "Associate of (ISC)2 (CISSP Application Pending)"
    Did you get an endorser?