What study material does WGU provide for MCITP: SA

daburrrninatordaburrrninator Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I want to start studying either the 70-640 or 70-642 before I start with WGU but I want to make sure I don't buy anything that they might provide. If anyone has gone through these, what are the options WGU includes or recommends?

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    WGU provides the IT Academy ecourses, Labsim,Skillsoft, and examforce. You also have access, via books 24x7, to the MS Press books and Sybex books. You have to otherwise purchase all your books for those courses.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • john7388john7388 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How do you like WGU?
  • daburrrninatordaburrrninator Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Overall my first impressions are positive. My number 1 complaint so far is how hard the enrollment counselors are to get a hold of and get them to call me back or respond to email. They are helpful and answer all questions when talking to them, but getting to that point was more difficult than I think it should be. It could also be due to the holiday season.

I can't wait till the first and hope the mentors are less busy.
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    WGU provides the IT Academy ecourses, Labsim,Skillsoft, and examforce. You also have access, via books 24x7, to the MS Press books and Sybex books. You have to otherwise purchase all your books for those courses.

How have you found labsim to be with this? I used it for A+ and Net+ and found it helped me study quite a bit. I like the change up between vid, reading and sims. Trying to build a home lab for this MCITP stuff but anything else I can get my hands on to study with would be great.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.