Options

Passed N+ this morning!

GosU-TecHGosU-TecH Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed today with an 838. Wasn't to sure how it was going to go when I finished, but was pleasantly surprised with the score. A lot of questions on routing protocols and troubleshooting which was fine with me. Only one question regarding cable length and only one on subnetting as well.

I used the Mike Meyers AIO book based on many recommendations on here. Also used CBT Nugs, but I can't say I'd really recommend CBT for the N+. I loved CBT Nuggets for all Microsoft exams I've done to date, but I was not that impressed with the N+ vids and was honestly a little bored. Reading the Mike Meyers AIO and skimming the Lammle sybex book was more than enough for this exam.

This forum helped a ton for providing study mats, extra resources, etc so thanks a bunch to you all too! Next up is the 70-291 to finish off my MCSA and then I have some deciding on where to next from there (MCSE, MCITP:EA or SA, CCNA, etc).

Comments

• Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    congrats
    im currently using cbt for net+ and personally think its 1000 times better and interesting than their A+. the A+ series was so boring and strange.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    GosU-TecHGosU-TecH Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats
    im currently using cbt for net+ and personally think its 1000 times better and interesting than their A+. the A+ series was so boring and strange.

Ya, I'm sure a lot of people like it, it just wasn't for me for the N+. I did not nor do I plan to take the A+ so I can't compare. Can't put my finger on a good reason why, but the Meyers book was a lot more enjoyable than the vids; the first exam I've taken that I can say the reading was more enjoyable than the CBT vids.

I did enjoy the CBT Nuggets for the 70-401 and 70-290 though, but not so for the N+. Next up is the 70-291 and I fully plan on using CBT vids for that exam.
  • Options
    citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    Congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    bee65bee65 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your accomplishment. Using the sample tests and tech notes from this and other sites allowed me to go in well prepped to score 840.
    Not bad for an old Gal!! Thanks to all who contribute to this site.
  • Options
    mrgreggiemrgreggie Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck on your MS cert studies!
  • Options
    Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nicely done. You are now in the Network+ certified for life group.