Crunch Time till the Finish.

Unforg1venUnforg1ven Member Posts: 108
So after some thought and relaxation after obtaining several certs... I decided to obtain the A+ before the 31st. Job security is never a bad thing, no matter where you are in the field. Being that I already have my Net+ and Sec+, the only main hurdle would be studying over a lot of hardware related information for memorization purposes.

I have :

>>Jean Andrews AIO Guide(tons of info and thorough.
>>Professor Messer videos
>>CertBlaster + Total Tester

Any other resources best for both the 701/702?

Thanks.
Next on Tap>> WGU B.S. IT - Network Administration
MCSA:2008 Complete >> Capstone left!

####################################
"One of God's own prototypes... too weird to live, too rare to die..."

Comments

• ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    You might want to go ahead and schedule the exams if you haven't already. You area might not be to bad to find a testing center that's open, but many of them are either booked up till the end of the year, or closed for the holiday.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Unforg1venUnforg1ven Member Posts: 108
    ehnde wrote: »
    You might want to go ahead and schedule the exams if you haven't already. You area might not be to bad to find a testing center that's open, but many of them are either booked up till the end of the year, or closed for the holiday.

will do.. thanks buddy.

• TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    I heard the mike meyers book wasnt bad or the exam cram. If you are close to nyc you can look at scheduling your exams there. Usually they have alot of slots but as ehnde said, those slots are filling up quick. Good luck out there.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Unforg1ven wrote: »
    So after some thought and relaxation after obtaining several certs... I decided to obtain the A+ before the 31st. Job security is never a bad thing, no matter where you are in the field. Being that I already have my Net+ and Sec+, the only main hurdle would be studying over a lot of hardware related information for memorization purposes.

I have :

>>Jean Andrews AIO Guide(tons of info and thorough.
    >>Professor Messer videos
    >>CertBlaster + Total Tester

Any other resources best for both the 701/702?

Thanks.

Messer was solid but not complete

Jean Andrews has a ridonkulous amount of information. Those two alone will get you set up.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    N2IT wrote: »
    Jean Andrews has a ridonkulous amount of information. Those two alone will get you set up.

I definitely agree. For my A+, I ran through both 2009 books cover to cover, took a 701 and 702 class at the comm college (absolutely useless; they were still using the old objectives), and have 2-3 years work experience. Even without the work exp, the Jean Andrews books alone proved to be extremely useful.
  • Unforg1venUnforg1ven Member Posts: 108
    Thankfully my testing center welcomes walkins. Took my sweet time with passing both the 701/702 exams. Not all that difficult, but like any CompTIA test, reading comprehensive is sometimes more important than any technical knowledge. My weak points were some of the hardware questions referencing socket types / ram types. Still with such little study time, my brain had to cram as much as possible.

Many of the questions were gimmes regarding ports/addressing/wireless/security etc... I happen to get some questions that were almost out of the Total Seminar pool.

Considering some were rather simplistic, it makes sense. With little time to study, I crammed as much as I can in. Tried to put myself back in "tech support" mode and think for the obvious : "Unplugged? Not in Tight? Customer is always right, kiss their ** while they make fools of themselves.... what? LOL ;)

So now it time to relax before setting up my laptop for my MCITP:SA labs :O)

/cheers!