Linux From Scratch

brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
Here is the link to LFS:

LFS Project Homepage

Comments

• ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    I love LFS. It's a must for anyone wanting to understand linux under the hood. icon_thumright.gif I've installed it maybe 3 times. First time it took about 10 days to do icon_lol.gif
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ehnde wrote: »
    I love LFS. It's a must for anyone wanting to understand linux under the hood. icon_thumright.gif I've installed it maybe 3 times. First time it took about 10 days to do icon_lol.gif

I am going through it now.

Oh and I hate that programming logic and design book. I had to use it for a class last quarter icon_sad.gif
  • brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549

Oh and I hate that programming logic and design book. I had to use it for a class last quarter icon_sad.gif

I think with LFS and BLFS one can master much of the day-to-day SA work in Linix and UNIX.
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103

Not to derail the topic of LFS awesomeness, but I'd read the book review on amazon.com and there's no way out of this. Haven't seen the book yet and I already hate it. It's required for graduation and this next semester is my last.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.