Passed 70-272 today

sconklinsconklin Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all, I passed 70-272 today with an 863. I now have MCDST. There where about 4 questions on office all together. The rest of the questions where about IE and outlook express, some SP2 stuff also. Security center and firewall where touched on too. All and all it was a bit easier than 70-271 and I finished with 20 minutes left. I used the M$ press book and the Cram session book. The Cram session was better I thought because the M$ 272 book covered alot of the same stuff as the 271 book, it was word for word the same. Thanks to the people on this site for giving me the heads up on test content, and what to expect. Its on to 70-270 now and MCSA down the road. :D
Shawn

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • jacev1jacev1 Member Posts: 107
    Congrats!

...... remember to change your stats from "working on MCDST" to just "MCDST" ... icon_cool.gif
    & sign up with M$ to get your MCDST welcome kit! .... icon_rolleyes.gif
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcpmembersite.asp
    Wars not make one great. Coffee makes one Great!
    - Master Yoda
  • sconklinsconklin Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If I received the welcome kit and certificate for the 70-271 exam, what do I get for 70-272 and MCDST? Is there another certificate I get that states "MCDST", and do they send me an updated wallet card? I have to wait a few days for my results to post in my M$ transcript. Thanks
    Shawn
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Congrats! You will get a new kit for completing MCDST. Another certificate, updated Id card, and a new lapel pin.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!

Thanks for the info on study materials.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
  • sconklinsconklin Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info, I'll be looking for that in the mail
    Shawn
  • mistromistro Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello all, im new to all this Cert stuff so bare with me if i dont make sense. im looking to get some certs under my belt and well since i just started studying microsoft alot laltly..i was just wondering if the MCDST is really all that hard. i just want to get one under my belt and out of the way
    A wedding is only a day......
    a marriage is a lifetime.
    But a good DJ and an open bar are talked about forever, so why skimp on the day?
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    mistro wrote:
    Hello all, im new to all this Cert stuff so bare with me if i dont make sense. im looking to get some certs under my belt and well since i just started studying microsoft alot laltly..i was just wondering if the MCDST is really all that hard. i just want to get one under my belt and out of the way

Hello. We were all new once......anyway, MCDST is pretty easy....I used the FREE clinic available from M$. It has two courses, one for each exam, that's all I used, other than daily use of XP. You'll need a Passpord ID to login and access the courses, which you can find here.
    i remain, he who remains to be....