RHCE Exam Results (RHEL6 EX200 & EX300)

/pub/beer//pub/beer/ Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
Took awhile but got the results from last weeks exam. The highest score is a 300. I feel happy with the results. I would have scored higher on the EX300, but all my training was on RHEL5 and I only had a solid week to wander around on a RHEL6 box testing everything out and trying to learn some of the new objectives.

EX200 = RHCSA
EX300 = RHCE

The results of your EX200 Exam
are reported below.

Passing score for the exam: 210.0
Your score: 282

Result: PASS

Congratulations -- you have earned the EX200
Certificate.

The results of your EX300 Exam
are reported below.

Your score: 234

Congratulations -- you have earned the EX300
Certificate.
Certification Goal:
- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments

• rainwaterrainwater Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!, seems like ex200 was a breeze for you, what did you use to prepare? I am going to take the exam in january.
  • /pub/beer//pub/beer/ Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rainwater wrote: »
    Congrats!, seems like ex200 was a breeze for you, what did you use to prepare? I am going to take the exam in january.

Read through most of Jang's RHEL5 RHCE book. If I'm honest I stopped around squid and apache. I had done a Linux+/LPIC-1 cram in the months leading up to my RHCE training so I was a little burned out of book studying. I had some CentOS5 and RHEL5 (30 day trial) VM's running in the lab at work. I took the RH133VT and RH253VT classes (virtual RHEL5 training). It was great. I really got a feel for how Red hat training teaches in a lab environment. It also gave me twice the amount of time to absorb everything than if I took the RH300 class. I was ready in October to set the RH302 but my son was born 4 weeks or so early. So I put it off and rescheduled for December 3rd. Mid-November I found out the exam was switching to RHEL6. I made a RHEL6 box and decommissioned the RHEL5 VM. I read through the new objectives and re-ran all my past notes through RHEL6 to find the differences.

And honestly, I thought I had a perfect score on the EX200. I think it was a stupid mistake *like* not counting from 0 instead of 1 when referencing time or a stupid typo or something. I had time to double/triple check most of that exam.

The best advice I have been given, and 100% agree with is READ THE EXAM TASKS CAREFULLY. You can really screw up if you don't take the time to really READ.
    Certification Goal:
    - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nice scores! Congrats on your passes icon_thumright.gif

Did you find that there where enough current resources to cover the differences between RHEL5 and RHEL6? I feel like there were so many changes going from one to another. I'm also really curious to see how my book is going to stack up against the current materials on the market for the new exams.
  • /pub/beer//pub/beer/ Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice scores! Congrats on your passes icon_thumright.gif

Did you find that there where enough current resources to cover the differences between RHEL5 and RHEL6? I feel like there were so many changes going from one to another. I'm also really curious to see how my book is going to stack up against the current materials on the market for the new exams.

There are a few things that are not really explained well in the deployment guide. But really just a few. I think more or less that the new objective lists are more clear than the last ones.
    Certification Goal:
    - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Yes I agree that the new exam prep guide is more clearly defined, but yes the deployment guide is not anywhere near complete. There are certain sections that are missing or just left out completely (hint hint NFS).
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Congrats. We're getting more and more linux folks in here and that is always a good thing.
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Congratulations /pub/beer/ icon_cheers.gif not a small feat! Well timed, just in time for the holidays!
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congrats, I knew you'd pass icon_thumright.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• DarwinerDarwiner Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yay.. Finally got my grades and passed. :)

---

are reported below.

Your score: 300

Certificate.

---

are reported below.

Certificate.
    congrats !! more Linux people in TE icon_thumright.gif

what's your experience background ? what's next ?

I think now we can make TE study groups for future linux exams

Darwiner wrote: »

---

are reported below.

Certificate.

---

are reported below.

Certificate.

• DarwinerDarwiner Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, to be honest, nothing's next. :)

I took the certification because my employer was pushing to take "something" since there was training budget for me this year... Figured I'd take something that at least gave me some sort of certification so it'd look nice on the resume, for future employers that might actually care about these.

Otherwise, I've been doing Linux/Solaris system administration for ~10 years...
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    congrats !! more Linux people in TE icon_thumright.gif

what's your experience background ? what's next ?

I think now we can make TE study groups for future linux exams
  • vwtechvwtech Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I going to be setting the time on 1/7/11
    To help me study I did a complete walk though of each objective on the guide.
    I figure I should do great after configuring RHEL6 about 4 more times while going through my notes.
    Glad they changed the title to RHCSA, because that what it should be!
    I'll let you guys know how I do?
    Don't tell co-workers your going for a Cert that they don't have. They may think your trying to take their job.
  • tkep1008tkep1008 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    vwtech wrote: »
    I going to be setting the time on 1/7/11
    To help me study I did a complete walk though of each objective on the guide.
    I figure I should do great after configuring RHEL6 about 4 more times while going through my notes.
    Glad they changed the title to RHCSA, because that what it should be!
    I'll let you guys know how I do?

use their exam objectives and make sure you are solid on all of those. The test was tough. Mostly I think the last 10 - 20 minutes are intense. So make sure you read all of the tasks completely before starting some because this is a lot of just time management as it also is testing your skills. When you go through the objectives time yourself to know your weaknesses.

Good luck.
    ==================================
    RHCE, RHCSA, VCP4, Network+, A+
    ==================================
  • thedude666thedude666 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    /pub/beer/ wrote: »
    And honestly, I thought I had a perfect score on the EX200. I think it was a stupid mistake *like* not counting from 0 instead of 1 when referencing time or a stupid typo or something. I had time to double/triple check most of that exam.

The best advice I have been given, and 100% agree with is READ THE EXAM TASKS CAREFULLY. You can really screw up if you don't take the time to really READ.

I had the same issue.
    I double and triple checked. Everything was working. I know of other people who had the same thing. Who have actually no idea what they have done wrong. (because if you reboot and the system reacts the same way you should be able to conclude that you did it right, in case of partitioning, quotas, ...)
    I think more or less that the new objective lists are more clear than the last ones.
    Yes indeed. Previously the objectives were rather vague.
  • shiva.satishshiva.satish Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Friends,

Could you please guide me to go for RHEL6 Exams..
    anyone have sample questions to do practice.

regards
    shiva satish
    Hi, no sample questions available, the exam is Lab base. Please check the RedHat exam objectives and practice those topics
    Hi Friends,

Could you please guide me to go for RHEL6 Exams..
    anyone have sample questions to do practice.

regards
    shiva satish

• hendrik85hendrik85 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all,

I'm looking to go for the ex200 / ex300 later this year.
    I've managed to get some training videos but want to get some books to read as well.

Just found this one on amazon but it's not out until August:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/RHCSA-Linux-Certification-Study-Guide/dp/0071765654/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1307010937&sr=8-3

Should I wait for that one or should I just get an earlier one?

Thanks,
    Hendrik
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Hendrik85, I would get the Tomassino's book and the deployment guide and work through them until august, if I really wanted to use that particular guide that you linked to in your post.
    varelg wrote: »
    Hendrik85, I would get the Tomassino's book and the deployment guide and work through them until august, if I really wanted to use that particular guide that you linked to in your post.

Thanks varelgicon_thumright.gif
    I've had a google but cant find the Tomassino's book?

Apologies if I'm being thick but, by the deployment guide, do you mean this:
    Deployment Guide

Thanks again!
  • brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    hendrik85 wrote: »
    Thanks varelgicon_thumright.gif
    I've had a google but cant find the Tomassino's book?

Apologies if I'm being thick but, by the deployment guide, do you mean this:
    Deployment Guide

Thanks again!

Go to Amazon and search for:

Hands on Guide to Red Hat Exams:RHCSA and RHCE Cert Guide and Lab Manual

Amazon.com: Hands-on Guide to the Red Hat® Exams: RHCSA™ and RHCE® Cert Guide and Lab Manual (Certification Guide) (9780321767950): Damian Tommasino: Books
    brownwrap wrote: »

Thanks brownwrap.

Just had a look at but it doesnt seem to have very good reviews(Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: Hands-on Guide to the Red Hat Exams: RHCSA and RHCE Cert Guide and Lab Manual (Certification Guide)) so I think I'll pass on that one for now and stick the CBT videos and the "Deployment Guide" until the "RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide" comes out in August.
  • thedude666thedude666 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks brownwrap.

Just had a look at but it doesnt seem to have very good reviews(Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: Hands-on Guide to the Red Hat Exams: RHCSA and RHCE Cert Guide and Lab Manual (Certification Guide)) so I think I'll pass on that one for now and stick the CBT videos and the "Deployment Guide" until the "RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide" comes out in August.
    Note that Michael Jangs new release for RHCE/RHCSA for RHEL6 will come out as well probably within a few months. So I would recommend using that book
    Thanks brownwrap.

The bad reviews seem to be coming from a lack of editing...which is in the process of being fixed. There is also no information if Jang's book will even include the RHCSA content.
  • g8rg8r Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Could somebody please provide details on the EX200 exam?
  • jjagdish.salvijjagdish.salvi Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    can u help me for clearing the rhcsa and rhce
  • nikuljainnikuljain Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi,
    what kind of question come in ex200
    Darwiner wrote: »

---

are reported below.

Certificate.

---

are reported below.

Certificate.
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    No one would be able to answer that question for you. Anyone who has ever taken the test, will have to sign a form stating not to give this information out to the public.

Study ALL of the objectives, and you will do find. Have a friend/family member read off random objectives, and then see if you can complete them. The Red Hat exams will not try to trick you like other Companies (CompTIA/Cisco), they want to know if you can actually perform straight forward task on a live system.
    What YuckTheFankees said above.

The exam is everything in the prepguide. Don't try to **** your way, because you will fail. This is a difficult practical exam and it is quite expensive.

• adnanashrafadnanashraf Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello everybody,

Which book is best meet the objectives of RHCSA exam?
  • log32log32 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 217
    I'm reading Michael Jang's 6th edition book for RHCSA/RHCE. it's all you need imo