Certifications at the top of a resume???

sdeyoungsdeyoung Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
Should I put my certs at the top next to my name?
ie: Stephen DeYoung (A+, Network+)
address etc...

Or should I just list them right after my name and address? The person who did my resume put them on the second page, I think they would stand out more if there were at the top of my resume somewhere.. What does everyone else think??

Comments

• NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I put mine on it's own designated area on the bottom half of my resume under a title called Certifications. It just fits the format of my resume better that way. It follows right after my Experience information.
  • bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    I think they'd be more likely to get passed over if they're at the top. Most people will look at the name and not focus on the other stuff that's up there (address, phone #, e-mail, etc.)

They definitely should be moved up from the 2nd page though. I put them right underneath work experience and education.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Recenty I have seen people put the cert .jpg on there resume. Is this appropriate.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • MunckMunck Member Posts: 150
    Putting various logos on you resume is highly in-appropriate in my opinion. It makes you focusing too much on your certifications, where you should focus on tailoring your resume to the specific job at hand. my 0.02ct
  • bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    I have to agree with Munck, but more importantly, I think a lot of HR people might feel the same way. Graphics and resumes generally don't mix.