Passed today

Hi all,

Very pleased to have passed this exam today on the first attempt. My score was 800. Just need to pass two more exams to complete the MCSE certification.

My study resources included the Mike Meyers' Passport book, Transcender software, 2x lab servers running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise edition, Microsoft technet and of course 7 years of work experience.

Good luck to those of you also wishing to pass this exam.

Comments

• arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I'm going to schedule mine really soon, probably some time next week.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations. See you over in 294!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    Congratulations!!!

I'm starting to fall behind you guys... icon_sad.gif
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats :)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • pinjik01pinjik01 Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did the 293 exam look similar or related to 291? Please share some thoughts on this as I planned to take both in 2 weeks time.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    pinjik01 wrote: »
    Did the 293 exam look similar or related to 291? Please share some thoughts on this as I planned to take both in 2 weeks time.

the 291 covers more of the administration, while the 293 deals more with the designing part. Both exams have a lot of similar material and most people take them 291, then 293.

It will help greatly to have a lab setup with server 2003 Enterprise and couple of clients to lab with, as you may see some simulations on the exams.
  • DOSDOS Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, you scored well!
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    293 = 291 on steroids. (although I think I scored higher on the 293, but that is likely just due to already doing the 291 and then spending several weeks doing the 293. Reviewing the 291 stuff helped)
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Congrats on the pass!!!!! See you in the 294 section.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!