Sscp

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Hey guys,

I am certainly not a security guy. Not by a long shot. Descriptions of this cert are pretty vague, SSCP. It reads like Sec+ in descriptions but with maybe a higher level of detail? I just saw a job posting that required SSCP or ability to earn it in 90 days. Just curious what the level of difficultly would be when gauged against Sec+, CCNA:Sec and MCSE:Sec etc.

What could I expect to gain from the courseware that I may or may not get with CCSP/CCNP:Sec? Or any general input would be nice?
-Daniel

Comments

• WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    SSCP is a stepping stone to the CISSP, run by ISC(2)

https://www.isc2.org/sscp/default.aspx

"The SSCP is ideal for those working towards positions such as Network Security Engineers, Security Systems Analysts, or Security Administrators. This is also the perfect course for personnel in many other non-security disciplines that require an understanding of security but do not have information security as a primary part of their job description. This large and growing group includes information systems auditors; application programmers; system, network and database administrators; business unit representatives, and systems analysts."

If you want a challenge go for it. I have no experience with the SSCP but did sit for CISSP and that one kicked my behind, but somehow I passed.. I imagine SSCP is the middle ground between Sec + and CISSP.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ive been studying for it and to me it seems like Security+ 1.5. I don't think it would be that bad for you at all.
  • ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    Ive been studying for it and to me it seems like Security+ 1.5. I don't think it would be that bad for you at all.

+1 based on your current level of certification I don't see it causing you much of an issue.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Thanks for the input guys. I really need to select my cert goals wisely this year. I didn't achieve CCNP like I dreamed. So I really need to stay on track. But I saw this a couple places recently.
    -Daniel
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    Thanks for the input guys. I really need to select my cert goals wisely this year. I didn't achieve CCNP like I dreamed. So I really need to stay on track. But I saw this a couple places recently.

I know what you mean.

What types of positions were asking for SSCP (just curious)? Were they more analyst positions or admin positions?