Confused!!!!

security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
Okay guys am super nervous about this exam now. I have a week and two days to get it right!!! I feel as though I am picking up the material well, but when i go to take a practice exam I am only scoring 66%. Should I give myself more time to take the exam?? Yea, I wanted to get it done by EOY, but I don't want to lost out on money either, if I fail. What should I do?!?!?

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Okay guys am super nervous about this exam now. I have a week and two days to get it right!!! I feel as though I am picking up the material well, but when i go to take a practice exam I am only scoring 66%. Should I give myself more time to take the exam?? Yea, I wanted to get it done by EOY, but I don't want to lost out on money either, if I fail. What should I do?!?!?

Stick to your date and keep at it. You will pass
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You still have just over a week, give one last "Hail Mary" push in your studying and take it. Look at your weak points from your practice exam results and focus on those. Almost every practice exam I have taken (that came with the book) would tell you what areas you need work in.
  • mrgreggiemrgreggie Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What are you missing on the practice tests? Is it the conceptual stuff or just memorization of facts?

I was very nervous about the exam too, you'll be fine if you stay focused.
  • security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mrgreggie wrote: »
    What are you missing on the practice tests? Is it the conceptual stuff or just memorization of facts?

I was very nervous about the exam too, you'll be fine if you stay focused.

Mostly memorization of facts. I under the conceptual information, I may miss a question hear in there. But for the most part its memorization and my nerves. LOL
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Everyone learns different, but for me flash cards is the key to memorizing facts like port numbers and what all the little connector types look like.
  • mrgreggiemrgreggie Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Everyone learns different, but for me flash cards is the key to memorizing facts like port numbers and what all the little connector types look like.

I second that. I ended up with about 100 flashcards. It took me a while to make them all, but it was well worth it.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    if it's just memorization of stuff, then just cram it like there's no tomorrow and you should be fine, i think the concepts are the important thing to retain
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    For creating flashcards I like to use Smart.fm - ??????????????????? - it's great!