Prometric Test Center FAIL

lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
Dear all,

with the end of the year approaching fast I wanted to get LPIC-3 Security off my list of goals for 2010.

I scheduled the test for today's lunchbreak (12:30) and arrived 15 minutes early, as usual. I knew the testing center so everything seemed easy. Sign-In as usual, same test room, pass like always. At least that was the plan until I clicked on "Start Exam".

Fatal Error: Could not connect to printer... Blah blah

I immediately went back to the front desk and asked them to fix it. They asked me to wait in their "recreation area". It seemed like a nice place, with free coffee, an Internet-PC and a Xbox360 but, probably due to holiday season, everything was power off and disconnected. But anyway, how long could it possibly take to fix that printer setup? 5, 10 minutes?

30 (thirty!) minutes later somebody finally came to get me and said "It's ready now". We went to the room, I click on "Start exam" and BOOM, exactly the same error as before. I was p!ssed. They have a room with six test-stations but, although I requested it, I was not reseated. I had to go back to the "recreation area".

After another(!) 30 (thirty!!!) minutes that seemed like hours it was supposed to be ready. Looking at the clock I said that I was no longer willing to sit the exam. My lunch break was over, my mood hit rock bottom and I was simply unwilling to go back to the testing room. I packed up my stuff and went.

I have rescheduled for today, same time and they better have that damn printer working!

Happy to have this off his chest,
Lordy
Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
Goal for 2014: RHCA
Goal for 2015: CCDP

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck with LPIC-3. Very epic!
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You would think that they could extract their heads from their rears and just put you at another station...
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Good luck man! I have been thinking about LPIC-1... but -3, wow!

Go go!

Cheers,
    Fin
  • lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ok, back from the Testing Center. This time everything worked.

I passed with a good score and now LPIC is done for some time. Finally back to Cisco...
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    lordy wrote: »
    Ok, back from the Testing Center. This time everything worked.

I passed with a good score and now LPIC is done for some time. Finally back to Cisco...

Congrats dude!!!!!

CCNP up next? I remember you were talking about it.
  • krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oh man, this circumstances happen at the testing centers, besides we know that most of their computers require maintenance. Anyway, u did the most important part, passing the LPIC-3, congratulations. You're a pro. icon_thumright.gif
  • brianeaglesfanbrianeaglesfan Member Posts: 130
    Congrats on the pass lordy.
    Complete: MSMIS, MBA, EPIC certified
    In progress: CPHIMS, CAPM
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I find it odd that a printer not functioning prevents you from taking a test. I took a Microsoft exam through certiport, and after passing the exam my score report didn't print. I complained to the staff, and they were able to pull up the report on the computer in the lobby and print if off from the printer out there.

Nonetheless, congrats on the pass.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you all.

The plan for 2011 is definitely CCNP.

I also want to have a RHCE but I don't want to pay for that myself. My boss will probably pay for the 3 CCNP exams so I might ask him about financing RHCE when CCNP is done. Let's see...