Passed Network+ w/ 856

SyntaxSyntax Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
I now have the "triforce" of CompTIA certifications (A+, Net+, Sec+)!

Getting this one was pretty rushed as I was trying to complete this before December 31st. When I went to schedule the test yesterday, the only date my local testing center had available was today so I figured I'd take the risk. I just got CCNA prior to this a few months back and I teach networking for a living so Network+ came pretty easy for me.

I used the Sybex abridged Network+ review guide by Bill Ferguson just to brush up and make sure I knew what I needed to know for the test. After that I just went through a few practice exams before the test.

I think I'm pretty much done with CompTIA now... Thinking about going the Microsoft Server route now.

Comments

• TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    Syntax wrote: »
    I now have the "triforce" of CompTIA certifications (A+, Net+, Sec+)!

Getting this one was pretty rushed as I was trying to complete this before December 31st. When I went to schedule the test yesterday, the only date my local testing center had available was today so I figured I'd take the risk. I just got CCNA prior to this a few months back and I teach networking for a living so Network+ came pretty easy for me.

I used the Sybex abridged Network+ review guide by Bill Ferguson just to brush up and make sure I knew what I needed to know for the test. After that I just went through a few practice exams before the test.

I think I'm pretty much done with CompTIA now... Thinking about going the Microsoft Server route now.

Congrats on the trifecta. On a side note, What did you use for the CCNA?
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • phonetic.manphonetic.man Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Syntax! Hearing everyones stories and seeing all of the people earning CompTIA's holy trinity has been a kick. Even though I just finished the CompTIA journey myself, welcome to the club!
    Currently studying: Backup Academy, CWNA, MCSA:08, iBoss ISCP
  • SyntaxSyntax Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the trifecta. On a side note, What did you use for the CCNA?

I used Todd Lammel's Sybex Book for CCNA mostly. From there I did a lot of labs using equipment at work and practice tests.