Passed with a 845!!!

twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed today with an 845!!!!!

Used Darril Gibson book. Also, have really tried to understand crypto over the past several years, rather than just memorizing things.

I got to point I just didn't want to study anymore. I finally flipped thru book and tried to focus on what I had more trouble understanding. Book is very well written and was a good review which gave me a better big picture about somethings in security.

Comments

• headshotheadshot Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    twodogs62 wrote: »

Used Darril Gibson book. Also, have really tried to understand crypto over the past several years, rather than just memorizing things.

I got to point I just didn't want to study anymore. I finally flipped thru book and tried to focus on what I had more trouble understanding. Book is very well written and was a good review which gave me a better big picture about somethings in security.

congrats dude I passed today too.
  • DPrice21885DPrice21885 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    twodogs62 wrote: »

Nice job - I'm using the study guide by Emmet Dulaney (4th Edition) and so far cryptography is my weakest section (currently getting around 80% of the practice questions for that section correct) Luckily my exam date isn't until the beginning of February icon_wink.gif

Around what percentage of the total number of questions were related to cryptography would you say?
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Around what percentage of the total number of questions were related to cryptography would you say?

You can find the exact number of the percentage of cryptography off of CompTIA's site under the Security+ objectives. Whatever the percentage is will be the amount of questions (since the exam is 100 questions in total... :) ).
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Nice job - I'm using the study guide by Emmet Dulaney (4th Edition) and so far cryptography is my weakest section (currently getting around 80% of the practice questions for that section correct) Luckily my exam date isn't until the beginning of February icon_wink.gif

Don't overthink it. It is not like a Microsoft exam. The questions are straightforward. If you understand the cryptology subjects covered in the objectives along with their main characteristics, you should
    be good to go.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    And congrats icon_thumright.gif to the OP.
  • Armor149Armor149 Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratz on the pass!!!
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good score! Seems like Darril's book is the gold standard for this exam.
  • michaelcoxmichaelcox Member Posts: 105
    good job!

Courses Completed at WGU ( 8 ):
    Term 1 (April 2011): EWB2, WSV1, BRV1, BSV1 | Term 2 (October 2011): LET1, ORC1 | Term 3 (April 2012): MGC1, TPV1
    Courses Required Graduate WGU with BS - IT: SEC ( 8 ):
    BOV1, KET1, WDV1, KFT1, ABV1, TWA1, BLV1, CPW4