Going after the ITIL Foundation cert...

I plan on sitting for the Foundation cert in a couple of weeks and, for those that have reviewed using the CBT Nuggets as well as other study materials, do you feel like the Nuggets plus maybe a supplemental book would give someone enough information to obtain this? This is what I have access to already, and as this is something being pursued without employer support, I won't be taking any classes for it, online or otherwise. Thanks in advance for any responses.
Complete: MSMIS, MBA, EPIC certified
In progress: CPHIMS, CAPM

Comments

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've heard just the CBT Nuggets would do it for this one but having an extra book wouldn't hurt (as long as its not too terribly expensive). Mike-Mike might be able to give you some advice as he recently took this exam.
  • brianeaglesfanbrianeaglesfan Member Posts: 130
    Thanks for the responses guys. I'll PM Mike-Mike and try to get some additional info.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i used this site:

taruu :: home

and I used Skillport, and Transcender....
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    i used this site:

taruu :: home

and I used Skillport, and Transcender....
    Very nice, thanks for sharing that.
  • Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    Save the money and just get the book IMO. It's all you really need.
    Repo Man wrote: »
    Save the money and just get the book IMO. It's all you really need.
    Nothing to purchase. I already have access to them through a secondary channel.
  • Hasan975Hasan975 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there;

Have you been able to take the foundation exam on Jan 22? How was your experience ?
    I am also planning to appear in the foundation exam on Jan 31st.

Regards,
    Hasan.
  • rehanmalikrehanmalik Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hasan/Brian,
    Were you able to take the foundation exam. I am planning to take it in couple of weeks. Have any of you tried ******** or *********. I have heard these are very close to real exams?

Thanks
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    rehanmalik wrote: »
    Hasan/Brian,
    Were you able to take the foundation exam. I am planning to take it in couple of weeks. Have any of you tried ******** or *********. I have heard these are very close to real exams?

Thanks

The reason those sites are starred is because they have been classified as brain ****. Always make sure to check Certguard.com to ensure the resources you are purchasing do not fall into that category.

Hasan/Brian, update us when you can :)
  • 20112011 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi...
    I passed the ITIL V3 foundation. You can understand it quickly if you have been working in IT service for a few years. I guess newbies can also pass this exam.

Taruu site seems to be very good source for ITIL foundation.
    Wish you luck. I am proceeding with my next cert ITIL internediate capability modules.
    Cheers,
    A