Options

Passed today

brianglbriangl Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just took it today. As soon as I found out that I had more time to study for it, I started to slack off. I rescheduled it for almost 3 weeks later. But I buckled down again. I’m on vacation this week and have used every day since Saturday all day, to study, ( 5 straight days ) from the time I got up to the time I went to bed. It got old, but it was worth it. Now I can relax for Christmas and do some other things, like work out with my kettlebell, get back to my guitar and start studying Austrian economics.

I told my wife, after all that, if I didn’t pass she would find me curled up on the floor in the closet crying uncontrollably.

I managed to pass by the skin of my teeth. Actually scored a little better than on the 290. Scored 775 on the 290, 785 on the 291. Only used Test Out. A second source may have filled in some things that Test Out did not cover. It amazed me that after all that studying there were questions on things that I had not been exposed to at all. There is only so much I can retain anyway.

I just kept re-doing the Test Out all the way through from beginning to end. Must have gone through it 4 times, didn’t really keep count. I don’t know if it is my age or what but, I have a hard time remembering things, not like when I was younger. Years ago, I think it would have only taken me once or twice through the material.

So, I guess I am MCSA certified now. Still need to let Microsoft know about my A+ and Net+ for the elective though.

Can I tell people that I am MCSA certified before it is official with MS?

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass! It's tough exam. Yes, you do have everything for your MCSA. Contact CompTIA to get your A+, N+ transferred over to your MS transcript.
  • Options
    TechnitoTechnito Member Posts: 152
    Congratz on the pass! I know it feels good to have this wicked exam behind you.

As far as using your A+ and Net+ for your elective, you simply have to login to CompTIA at https://www.certmetrics.com/comptia/login.aspx and then click "Transcripts", create new transcript and specify a date it can be viewed till (such as maybe a year 12/24/2011). Type your personal/business email in the email address field and it will email you a link to your transcript. Once you receive the email, forward the email along with a brief note to MCPHelp@microsoft.com requesting to add CompTIA to your Microsoft transcript. It's that simple. They should have it updated within a couple business days. Also you'll get a confirmation email once they've updated your transcript.

And I'd say it's fine to tell people such as employers you've completed the requirements of an MCSA already, but you just can't use the logo on your resume (legally anyway) until Microsoft actually updates your transcript.
    Knowledge is being an Architect, no matter what field.....
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Technically you can tell people anything you want to. If they call you on it, stall for a few days until it's official and you can show them your transcript.

Congratulations!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    brianglbriangl Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you all for your replies.

I just sent my CompTIA transcript link to MS. Thanks for the info. Technito, that made things easy.

I just started studying for 70-293, so I guess I will be over on that forum now.

Actually, I want to thank everyone on the forums for all of the inspiration and help. It is motivational to be here.
  • Options
    pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and achieving the MCSA!!!!
    God deserves my best
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_cool.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63