How many are in Cram mode over the Holiday?

ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
I know I am as I sit here re-reading and making flash cards....I might ease up this weekend, but its quality study time!
CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA

Comments

• mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I would be but with 2x young kids...
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    I'm just reading 30ish pages a day for the ICND1 and watching CBTs. Maybe 1 or 2 hours a day of total studying...this is RELAXATION mode for me icon_lol.gif

Hope you're enjoying the holidays regardless of your studying icon_wink.gif
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just got home from my parents house. I'm about to pop on my headphones and start tearing into the next chapter of my CCNA:S book. I am going to finish this chapter tonight and then spend tomorrow doing CBTs and labbing.
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I'm right there with you. I've got an exam 1/3/11, so I'm in test prep mode now. I've got tons of practice questions to go over. I've also identified a few weak areas that I'll be hitting again over the next few days.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    xmalachi wrote: »
    Just got home from my parents house. I'm about to pop on my headphones and start tearing into the next chapter of my CCNA:S book. I am going to finish this chapter tonight and then spend tomorrow doing CBTs and labbing.

What CBTs are you using? I used CBT Nuggets for CCNA and thought they were awesome. I am going to do CCNA/CCNA Security after CISSP and I am in the process of figuring out my study material.

• citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    When am I not in Cram mode would be an easier question to answer. I just took the 70-298 on 12/6 and have my 70-294 on 1/3. Then I start WGU 1/1, so I will be doing CBTs as I open and give gifts. icon_surprised.gif
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I'll probably wrap up my CWTS studying and take the exam mid-January.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ibcritn wrote: »
    What CBTs are you using? I used CBT Nuggets for CCNA and thought they were awesome. I am going to do CCNA/CCNA Security after CISSP and I am in the process of figuring out my study material.

I would stick with CBT Nuggets for the CCNA Security. Jeremy does a great job of explaining everything. I am also using the IINS book by Catherine Paquet.. it is kind of dry to me but it pairs pretty nicely with the CBTs. Overall, I think those two together plus some labs will do the job.
  • ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    xmalachi wrote: »
    I would stick with CBT Nuggets for the CCNA Security. Jeremy does a great job of explaining everything. I am also using the IINS book by Catherine Paquet.. it is kind of dry to me but it pairs pretty nicely with the CBTs. Overall, I think those two together plus some labs will do the job.

AH! Good to hear Jeremy is teaching CCNA Security he is a very talented instructor that's for sure.

• demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    ill be reading over chapter summeries for a wgu class i have a test on the 29th for
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    Taking a vacation until Monday.
  • mickeycoronadomickeycoronado Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just started school but if cramming includes school along with certs, than I am as well. Off for 4 days, girlfriend gone for two of those days, so I'll get about 4 days of cram time.
    "Are you suggesting that coconuts are migratory?!"
  • genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Not really cramming for my 70-662 on the 28th as I feel I'm 95% ready right now. Just reviewing CBT Nugget videos at this point so I can shore up on the newer stuff like Role Based Access Control, Federated Services etc. :) I have the 70-663 on 01/04 though as well so I'll just be watching videos and labbing until the exam dates. :)
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Cramming for the Project+ 03 and I'm going over the ICND2 material. I figure I would focus on foreign languages too.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Not me that's for sure. One 3 year old at home and another due anyday! It's all paternity duties for me now for a few weeks at least. Next year I will be working like an elephant and very busy on the homefront so Im shooting for a Christmas 2011 lab date now, anything sooner just isn't practical or sensible.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Repo Man wrote: »
    Taking a vacation until Monday.

Same here. I'm using my vacation this week for relaxing and family time. I'll get back to learning next week.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Family time and rest for me. After Monday I will begin studying again for the Project+. I have a child on way in February so this next year is going to be interesting to say the least. Hopefully I can knock off some serious certifications next year, time will only tell.
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, considering that I typically work my hectic job, have graduate studies, and study for certs... it is cram time for me. I haven't taken any exams since the first week of November and school is out until the middle of February for me. I am looking to complete the CCNA Security and the CCSP before April, so I would like to IINS, SNRS, and SNAF done in that time frame. Start off this morning with the CBT Nugget for CCNA Security, took a break to sled with the kids, and now I am back to it until it is time for dinner tonight.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will be for sure got a lot of time on my hands two weeks so hope to fill in some of the gaps by reading the stuff.
  • WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    It's hard to keep motivated over the Holidays, but I am going to keep at it...
  • BrizoHBrizoH Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Managed to pass the CCNA 640-802 on Monday just in time for the holidays - so I'm taking a break over Xmas and New Year then it's onto ROUTE
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Turgon wrote: »
    Not me that's for sure. One 3 year old at home and another due anyday! It's all paternity duties for me now for a few weeks at least. Next year I will be working like an elephant and very busy on the homefront so Im shooting for a Christmas 2011 lab date now, anything sooner just isn't practical or sensible.

+1

My studies consist of this forum lol. Other than this it's kids, parties, gifts, drinks, food, kids, kids, spouse. lol
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    BrizoH wrote: »
    Managed to pass the CCNA 640-802 on Monday just in time for the holidays - so I'm taking a break over Xmas and New Year then it's onto ROUTE

Great idea!
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got the CCENT scheduled next week and for the past 5 days I have not even studyed for it.

I was planning on taking the test last week but my plans changed. I'm sure I'll start studing again on sunday though icon_sad.gif
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have my LPIC-1 exam coming up in about 2 weeks so im reviewing my books this week
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Used a few days last week for a security+ which I took last week and passed!!!!! This week no books or studying. Rest, relaxation, watching movies, staying warm and what ever else is fun.
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I had originally planned to kick back and catch up on some non-cert technical reading over the holidays, but I've been itching for another SANS certification. It complements the material I was originally reading anyway, and I hope to sit the exam next month. The upside is that I'll be that much more productive once Q1 starts. The downside is the major hit on the wallet. Oh yes, it feels like Christmas.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • iGlade21iGlade21 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    this is the best time to study w/ so many days off. i have read two books already and right now watching the todd lammle videos as a review. after that i will concentrate on more lab times and then the big day =)
  • zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was cramming for the Sec+ but I didn't schedule my exam and all my preferred testing centers were booked. I can't justify spending over $200+ and driving pretty far to take the exam that I don't really need.
    :study: Life+
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had every intention to cram for the 70-293, but I didn't factor in the annual Steam sale and I spent about 20 hours or so playing Just Cause 2. icon_sad.gif
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]