Passed Project+!

BOTLFED1BOTLFED1 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
This is the 3rd CompTIA exam for me since November. I studied the Sybex book (just the chapter summaries and the section right after that about key points to know). I think I spent about a total of 12 hours studying off and on over the course of 3 weeks. I dont do project mgmt, but the company I work for does a lot of it, so most of the terms and processes were familiar to me.

The toughest part for me was staying focused throughout the exam. lol. Alot of the questions arent that hard if you know the terms and concepts. There were quite a few questions where I had to select 2 or 3 answers. And there were some that I just had no idea!

I didnt blow it out of the water, but a pass is a pass I suppose. The testing center was packed. The lady said everyone was trying to take CompTIA exams before Dec. 31 so they can get the lifetime certs. This will be the last CompTIA for me! Now time to start thinking about Microsoft, VMware, and ITIL.icon_study.gif

All in all, for me, this was not as hard as Net+ or Sec+ but the material is totally different and I had to memorize a lot of processes.

Comments

• JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Very impressive with a single resource. I am sitting for the exam next month just before I start at WGU.
    Lab on!
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm sure that Six Sigma Green Belt jazz probably helped out a little when dealing with the quality components of this exam.

All in all, well done though. Project+ should be my last CompTIA cert unless someone puts a gun to my head to take Server+ (OR...I can take a Beta for free.... :D .) Otherwise...I'm pretty much done.

Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
  • BOTLFED1BOTLFED1 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    erpadmin wrote: »
    I'm sure that Six Sigma Green Belt jazz probably helped out a little when dealing with the quality components of this exam.

Lol, yeah that helped too! Our company arranged for someone to come teach the class at our building and I got to get that cert for no cost. Now if they can pay for us to get Black Belt also that would be awesome!icon_wink.gif
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats :)
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    congrats.... I may pick up Project+ and Server+ as well, but I am getting some Microsoft down first...

as long as you are in boring stuff, you may want to go ahead and knock out ITIL V3 Foundations... it will line up well with Project+ and Six Sigma
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • BOTLFED1BOTLFED1 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    congrats.... I may pick up Project+ and Server+ as well, but I am getting some Microsoft down first...

as long as you are in boring stuff, you may want to go ahead and knock out ITIL V3 Foundations... it will line up well with Project+ and Six Sigma

Yeah, 2011 will most likely be 1 or 2 Microsoft exams and maybe the lower level ITIL Foundations cert.