Just finished Gibson's book. Taking the test on the 29th.

gui4lifegui4life Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
So,

I just finished Darril Gibson's book. Is it just me or does the content seem rather easy?

The only thing that gave me an issue was chapter 9 (cyptography stuff.) But I think I understand it now after watching his videos.

I have yet to take any of the quizzes, practice questions, or exams he included in the book.

I am going to go back and read all of the summary pages, and then take each chapters quiz. After I am done with that, I will take the pre-assessment and practice exam.

I take the test on the 29th!

Comments

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    gui4life wrote: »
    So,

I just finished Darril Gibson's book. Is it just me or does the content seem rather easy?

The only thing that gave me an issue was chapter 9 (cyptography stuff.) But I think I understand it now after watching his videos.

I have yet to take any of the quizzes, practice questions, or exams he included in the book.

I am going to go back and read all of the summary pages, and then take each chapters quiz. After I am done with that, I will take the pre-assessment and practice exam.

I think the way he wrote the book is what made the topic so easy to follow and understand. Can you imagine if it was written text book style? If you pass the pre and post exam with an 80 or better, you are ready for the real thing. I scored 82 on post and pre and scored 860 on actual test.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
    I agree, the book makes the content very easy to digest. However i don't want to assume the test will be easy.

So far I've only missed one or two on the chapter quizes! Hopefully come the end ill be +90% on the final exam.

Good luck with your test!
  • hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
    So,

I've been looking all over for his videos on YouTube, but can't find them. Can you please provide a link to them?
  • gui4lifegui4life Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have heard contradicting statements that the practice questions in the book are not anything like the real test. True?

Here they are:

YouTube - 777stevej777's Channel

Four videos.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have heard contradicting statements that the practice questions in the book are not anything like the real test. True?

Let me give you an example of what you might expect:

Practice exam question:

1) What is two plus two? A) 0, B) 1, C) 4, D) 5

Actual exam question:

2) If one person has two items and another person has three items, what is the total amount of those items? A)2, B)5, C)8 D)10

Two things will come to mind:

1) If you were familiar with the practice exam question, you should be comfortable and familiar enough with the actual exam question.

2) The actual exam question will most likely not be the same as any practice exam question. SOMETIMES that is the case, but it should not be demanded or expected.

Darril's book isn't a braindump. The goal isn't to memorize his practice exams questions. It's to be knowledgable enough with the material that's covered in either his chapter quizes or final exam that you will be comfortable enough to pass your Security+ exam on the first try. You WILL see questions pertaining to backups or ports, for example, that you saw in numerous practice exams that will be asked in a completely different way on the actual exam. As long as you know your stuff...that WON'T be an issue!
  • Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403

Here they are:

YouTube - 777stevej777's Channel

Four videos.
    they are nothing like the real test. the ones in the book are straight forward and not tricky AT ALL. the real test is very obscure and tricky. i did wonderfully on the books practice tests scoring over 90% every time. i was all confident thinking the test was going to be easy when i went in. come test time, it was one of the trickiest tests i've ever taken. i ran into several questions that barely made sense and some questions with seemingly multiple answers. in the end, i ended up with a 92%, but still felt it was a hard test
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs