To all those in the Metro-NYC area that's taking CompTIAs the last possible second

erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
(To the mods, I was going to either post this in the A+, Network+ and Security+ forums, OR make one posting here...figured this would be more appropriate.)

Out of curiousity, I decided to check out what, if any dates were still available in Manhattan (that uses Prometric). My preferred testing center (Prometric @ 1 Penn Plaza) is booked except for two dates (12/28 & 12/29). Another test center, New York Business Institute on E. 40th in Manhattan, seems to have a bunch of times open for the last week. There are probably a couple of others...but I just wanted to see if it were even possible for some to even take an exam at the last possible second as of the time I wrote this.

If it's more important to take the exam than save a couple of bucks, you might want to forgo getting a voucher and just pay full price.

I wish everyone luck if you're trying to get "lifetime" at the 11th hour.

Comments

• Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    takin my test there at 1Penn on the 30th at 3pm.
    then im gonna celebrate new years and a net+ certicon_cheers.gif

on a side note, i havent checked it out yet but soon will before my exam.
    how is it? is it like an OFFICIAL prometric? because i took my A+ at a **** 'prometric partner career center in queens and the computers crashed, so then i got resceduled and decided to take it at the Big official prometric right outside of white plains. talk about night and day.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    then im gonna celebrate new years and a net+ certicon_cheers.gif

on a side note, i havent checked it out yet but soon will before my exam.
    how is it? is it like an OFFICIAL prometric? because i took my A+ at a **** 'prometric partner career center in queens and the computers crashed, so then i got resceduled and decided to take it at the Big official prometric right outside of white plains. talk about night and day.

If you're asking about NYBI, I don't think it's an official Prometric site...just some school that will proctor for them. In truth, if for whatever reason I can't do 1 Penn, then I'll stick with Jersey like I did for Project+. 1 Penn is just terribly convenient for me...taking the PATH or ferry in....do some cramming...get there pretty calmly. Most Jersey sites require that I drive in...but if I had to do a regular school to take a test, no need to go to the City for that. I would never go to White Plains....that's too big of a hike (going near the Tappan Zee for that one...lol....no way!)

Best of luck for Network+. I know you'll be with others doing one of the trinity.... :D.
    hey thanks but i was talking about 1penn plaza.
    and yea dude not driving = cramming! oh and dont even think about parking ha
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
    hey thanks but i was talking about 1penn plaza.
    and yea dude not driving = cramming! oh and dont even think about parking ha

Oh...that's different then...lol! (It wasn't clear from your earlier post.)

Yes, 1 Penn is an Official Prometric site. Be prepared to have any and all items emptied out of your pocket and put in your locker. You will also have your pockets out to make sure you don't bring anything into the site. When you take the exam, it is very quiet and no nonsense of computers crashing or anything like that. It is very good and that's why it's a preferred site for me to take any cert exam.

I don't drive into Manhattan....under any circumstances. LOL...$100 for parking for one day (slight exagerration but not by much) is not something I consider cool. I can and do drive to any other borough...just not Manhattan....just no need for that...ever. LOL.
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Oh...that's different then...lol! (It wasn't clear from your earlier post.)

Yes, 1 Penn is an Official Prometric site. Be prepared to have any and all items emptied out of your pocket and put in your locker. You will also have your pockets out to make sure you don't bring anything into the site. When you take the exam, it is very quiet and no nonsense of computers crashing or anything like that. It is very good and that's why it's a preferred site for me to take any cert exam.

great the answer i was looking for . just like the one outside white plains. having lockers, cameras, tons of computers, multiple proctors, sign in and all of that. along with many test takers from many other subjects and dicipline.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
    great the answer i was looking for . just like the one outside white plains. having lockers, cameras, tons of computers, multiple proctors, sign in and all of that. along with many test takers from many other subjects and dicipline.

You got it. icon_thumright.gif Just like that and much, much closer too.

Edit: I'm sure technical mishaps happen....I just never encountered them there [knock on wood].
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□

Good to know, I'm gonna show up and take you out in the parking lot!

If I get lazy and don't make it, good luck!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Good to know, I'm gonna show up and take you out in the parking lot!

If I get lazy and don't make it, good luck!
    ha screw that, its all subway for me
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
    ha screw that, its all subway for me

There isn't a parking lot there anyway....shows how much he knows.... icon_lol.gif
    erpadmin wrote: »
    There isn't a parking lot there anyway....shows how much he knows.... icon_lol.gif

hehe you live through the blizzard dude? thank god i didnt test yesterday.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
    hehe you live through the blizzard dude? thank god i didnt test yesterday.

Check out this thread and my post:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/483990-post10.html
  • Pratt2Pratt2 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have taken 2 exams at NYBI. Both went smoothly and they're pretty laid back. Just walk in and tell them what test you want to take. No reservation required.
    Pratt2 wrote: »
    I have taken 2 exams at NYBI. Both went smoothly and they're pretty laid back. Just walk in and tell them what test you want to take. No reservation required.

That was pretty much like the one in Rahway, NJ (Arthur McNeil Institute). Didn't have to empty my pockets or anything, but he did say to turn off my phone. Also, I got there earlier than my scheduled time and he fired up the exam for me. I was the only one taking an exam there.

I might keep NYBI in mind just in case though. It's just that 1 Penn is just terribly convenient...just walk out of Manhattan Mall and I'm basically there.
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I ran into this problem for me as well, I also had an issue where 1 Penn Plaza was really scarce making appointments this month especially, I decided to speed up my studying and took the test on a Saturday on a late afternoon because the weekend was only open in the afternoon hours (1 Penn Plaza). 1 Penn Plaza is extremely convienient for me as well
    RomBUS wrote: »
    1 Penn Plaza is extremely convienient for me as well

Yup...that's just you getting on the LIRR, walking up stairs, making a left and ending up there in a few seconds....yes that is extremely convenient...the only thing long about that is the train ride, but I imagine it's very comfortable.