Ahh decisions!

Here's the deal. After doing 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, 70-647 and Security + this year, I thought I wanted a break. I'm feeling the urge to keep momentum going and have two options. I bought the MS Press book for 70-680 as well as Wendell Odom's CCNA Certification Library. My problem is that I can't commit to one or the other. I find myself picking the Cisco book one day and the Win 7 the next. As expected, this is leading nowhere. Has anyone out there studied two things at once succesfully?

You may ask what is more relevant to my duties. I do both Win and Cisco on a daily basis.
Certs are a personal goal as my employer doesn't put any value in them and of course doesn't pay for them.

My ears (well, eyes) are wide open to everyone's advice. Thanks!

Comments

• erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This is an easy one: the 70-680.

You got 4/5ths of the EA done...might as well study for the 680 and get that over with. Then you can concentrate fully on the CCNA. You already invested time and money getting the other tests out of the way...just keep it going and get your EA.

As for the CCNA, are you doing the composite, or the two test deal?
  • ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    I concur with erpadmin, get 70-680 done....its not much time investment to EA. Then you can tackle CCNA (which is quite a time investment) I feel strongly you need to know more about the technology tested to pass either ICND1 or 2 then you would vs a single Microsoft exam.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Thanks for the input. For CCNA I'm going with the two tests.
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    erpadmin wrote: »
    ... /snip
    Do this.
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    I am currently studying for 2 exams at once C|EH and CCNA Security. With the dryness of C|EH I find it refreshing to throw in some Cisco studying as well...

If you wanted to study both at same time, go for it, just schedule the tests a week apart, so you have 1 full week to really dive deep into each individual test material prior to actually taking the exams.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Go for 70-680 for sure
  • Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    WilliamK99 wrote: »
    I am currently studying for 2 exams at once C|EH and CCNA Security. With the dryness of C|EH I find it refreshing to throw in some Cisco studying as well...

If you wanted to study both at same time, go for it, just schedule the tests a week apart, so you have 1 full week to really dive deep into each individual test material prior to actually taking the exams.

this sounds like bad advice. you're likely to confuse material even though they are somewhat different areas.
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i am with erpadmin
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah have to say I agree with all the people here
    do that one get it out and done you will expand your knowlegde and it should be easyer and quicker for you to do.
    then you will be in a great position to focus you enegry on the CCNA
    but dont try to do them all at the same time

Do the 70-680. theres a whole load of resources out there for it it wont be too much of a problem.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hey guys....

Anyone look at the OP's sig? icon_cool.gif
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Hey guys....

Anyone look at the OP's sig? icon_cool.gif

lol, well too late :D