Was Santa good to you?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Santa brought me a Kindle DX.

Comments

• brianeaglesfanbrianeaglesfan Member Posts: 130
    No idea yet. I'm expecting a laptop from the 'rents that I helped pay for. Beyond that got a wallet and some homemade gifts from the goddaughters that were the sweetest thing. I'm with loved ones this holiday so it's already been a great day.
    Complete: MSMIS, MBA, EPIC certified
    In progress: CPHIMS, CAPM
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have a cold pizza this morning ; )
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I got.........nothing. Family sent some money but that goes toward the bills so I don't really count it as a present per se. Yay being jobless.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My wife and I buy each other presents for our personal perfect Christmas. She bought me four books and some Disney collectibles to trade at the parks and I bought her a lot of DVDs, Blu Rays, and games. She's a huge reader and I'm a tech nerd (obviously) so it's always humorous to me. Other than that I got some cash and gift cards which is fine to me.

That said I don't really have anything that I want. I got an iPad as a reward for finishing the MCSA and that has really held me on the new purchase front. It is going to be enough for me... until the iPad 2 is announced and then this one is worthless =p
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I got a "wait until Boxing day, then everything's half price" from the wife.
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Santa told me I didn't make the list because I should have studied harder. He said better luck next year. Thanks, Kringle...

?fh=2080e6b3475696237c6d5ea84a6a8510
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    Wife and I decided not to do anything for eachother this year based on finances and how much we were spending on our respective families (My parents, her parents, her sisters and thier significant others, my brother and his significant other, neices, and nephews etc etc). My 'rents sent me a B&N Nook, which I asked for because I love to read. Ive already got it loaded up with more books than I will probably read in a year. I love the thing, it's amazing on batteries, the eink screen is awesome, plus it uses pdf's, which will give me a great way to study in the future if any materials come in pdf format.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah it was good. Collected 100 gift card to the local movie theatre and 900 cash total. Not bad for a 35 year old lol

That about paid for what I bought my two children ;)

BTW I will be using the gift cards to see True Grit!
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The gf went above and beyond this year. Besides the Kindle DX, a very nice leather coat, ski pants. Went to see her relatives, and scored again. Couple of nice sweaters and a hardbound book, "The Eagles - An American Band." Will make for a nice read in between studying.

Now to order the 70-680 books for the Kindle.
  • ZeroHunterZeroHunter Member Posts: 148
    I bought myself an iPad, and since it was for myself I bought the bad-ass one!

64Gig 3G/Wi-Fi w/ the Dock and a cool leather case!

Case wont get here till the 30th though, so gotta be careful in the mean-time.
    Z3r0

Skool: Herzing Univ for CCNA
    c0op3r.com
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    I got a "wait until Boxing day, then everything's half price" from the wife.

LOL, my wife told me buying her a house was plenty for this Christmas icon_wink.gif
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I got an iPhone 4 after losing my 3G several months ago. I've been using a motorola razr in the mean time icon_sad.gif. I also got a new wallet, since I lost my old one the same night as my phone...lol (that's New Orleans for ya).

Best of all, though, was the POSITIVE PREGNANCY TEST we got on Xmas eve...... icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_cheers.gificon_santa.gif (1st one for us)

This means I've got 9 months of baby-less studying time left......lol
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • ZeroHunterZeroHunter Member Posts: 148
    xenodamus wrote: »
    I got an iPhone 4 after losing my 3G several months ago. I've been using a motorola razr in the mean time icon_sad.gif. I also got a new wallet, since I lost my old one the same night as my phone...lol (that's New Orleans for ya).

Best of all, though, was the POSITIVE PREGNANCY TEST we got on Xmas eve...... icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_cheers.gificon_santa.gif (1st one for us)

Congrats!

I had to do the Hello Moto thing also when I Lost my iPhone, it blows!
    Z3r0

Skool: Herzing Univ for CCNA
    c0op3r.com
    Congrats on the lil one on the way!

Get to studying, so you can afford the upkeep, lol.
  • jrdeleon1jrdeleon1 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got Mastering Windows Server 2008 R2! icon_cheers.gif
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I got some games and Blu-Rays not much else. I'm pretty good on the tech side of gadgets may use some money to get a new laptop or netbook to replace my current unit but not a major problem right now. I am also considering an iPad with the extra money I got. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    Bokeh wrote: »
    Santa brought me a Kindle DX.

Some may get to point in life when you actually ARE Santa, not the fat dude with the beard and red rags but the "real" Santa. When you are in this position Santa is at your command, and if you command him right you get everything you want. I was fortunate this year because Santa was very good to me and my family, we had an epic xmass, my kids had a great time and got all they wanted.
    On top of this my wife was stoked that she had an easy time because I am a great kitchin biarch.........oh yeah!

I am tired and I am skint but I do not care, I have some more days off to get over it but making sure everyone else was OK and had a good time is the best feeling icon_thumright.gif
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Santa left me the bill... icon_sad.gif
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□

Congratulations.

I can't think of a better gift ever. get some sleep icon_lol.gif
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■

Gratz on the great news!

Yeah get your certs in now, because you won't be able to later :)
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the good news Xenodamus.
    All I got was my father in law doing better and back at his home. He had to stay up here with us since his bypass surgery when they came to stay thanksgiving. He had a massive coronary Thanksgiving eve at my house and had to be rushed to hospital in ambulance. I did get snow on the trip home on Christmas day from his house.(nice long 6 hour trip)
    I got zip from Santa
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I got a couple of things from my girlfriends family: a brown fedora and a black sport coat, and a DIY juice to alcohol kit. From my parents, the same thing my brothers got: money. (My parents aren't exactly the traditional, ceremonial types. icon_lol.gif )

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■

Congratz! I've only have two months left of baby-less studying time left icon_eek.gif
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    My birthday is 4 days before Christmas, so I kind of roll up what I got for both into one. For my birthday, I got a lot of components to put together my new server for studying with (i5-760, 8GB of RAM, 1TB drive), and so far its a beast, absolutely loving it, especially for Dynamips and Virtualisation (via KVM). Also, I got a ticket for the Bloodstock festival in the UK (a big metal festival with a lot of bands who I love playing it) from my girlfriend, definitely looking forward to that.

As for Christmas itself, random bits and pieces, a hedge trimmer, and also F1 2010 for the PS3 (so far, very good, liking it a lot, gives me a break from Gran Turismo 5 anyway).

I still have some to come from my girlfriend, as we do our christmas a few days after (long distance relationship, so we do it when we see each other after christmas), which I'm not sure when that'll be happening yet due to an illness I picked up on Christmas Day (what a present eh?)

The best present I got this year though wasn't anything physical, it was getting to live back in my house after the boiler and water freezed up when I was away for a couple of days. I had to move in with my parents for a few days while that was thawed out and sorted, but I got back in on Christmas Eve.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
    That would be rough to come home and find that. Glad things worked out, and you still managed to have a nice birthday and Christmas.
  • Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    Received a bunch of bluerays and Concert dvds to go with..

The 55 inch Vizio LED 3D Television. Then we had to buy the glasses and the 3D blueray vidieos to watch. Time to upgrade the laptop so I can plug it into the Vizio to study on. lol
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
    Oh thats priceless. Gotta upgrade the laptop so I can utilize the full capability of the new big screen. Spoken like a true techie :)
  • Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    30+ years of experience and I have to do my part to save the economy. :)
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014