Options

Cisco UCS Questions

millworxmillworx Member Posts: 290
Anyone familiar with the Cisco UCS products? Anyone work with them at all?

I am entertaining a possible job with a Cisco spinoff and they use a lot of Cisco UCS products but I have no experience with them.

I'm pretty pro with the routing and switching side, but have no experience with UCS. So some insight on the ease of setup and management would be a help!
Currently Reading:
CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    millworx wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with the Cisco UCS products? Anyone work with them at all?

I am entertaining a possible job with a Cisco spinoff and they use a lot of Cisco UCS products but I have no experience with them.

I'm pretty pro with the routing and switching side, but have no experience with UCS. So some insight on the ease of setup and management would be a help!

We have them here. We will be deploying them soon for customers who can afford them. Get onboard early.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    You mean you guys have clients who can afford them? There is such a thing?
  • Options
    stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    We're upgrading our current environment to UCS, along with Nexus switches and moving to Fiber from T1's. This is going to be a crazy year for me, all of this is new to me. My co-worker purchased 3 books to get us caught up to speed. I'm flipping through the book on I/O consolidation in a data center using fibre channel rather than iSCSI. Good thing we have outside Cisco partners helping us with all this otherwise we might be in a little bit of trouble icon_cool.gif
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore