Options

271 Exam prep

amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
Hi - new here!

I have been working for a compant for 5 years doing daily support for xp and office. I've installed servers, hardware, software, RIS, DHCP, routers, alot of networking, installing citrix and support, pretty much bits of everything. " years as a hrdware engineeer before that.

I've also done the 270 MOC classes, upgrading to server 2000 classes amongst others. I am continually playing with XP in the office and at home ( dont do much regional settings and laguages stuff as all staff are in the UK )

So thought passing the 271 would come reletavly easy, but upon taking the Measureup practice exam only got 47 percent icon_eek.gificon_redface.gif

I have managed also get on the MCDST course in 2 weeks time but now unsure if even that would be sufficent. icon_confused.gif . Must admit not haing taking any exams for 7 years or so......any pointers on what Im doing SOOOOO wrong?

Helllllllllpppppppppp
Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    First, Welcome to the boards. As for you situation, I would think it's because you haven't tested in so long. The M$ exams, if you didn't know, are very confusing, often long, and have information you don't need to find the solution. I would recco taking a look at the objectives, making sure you understand what you're expected to know. I've never used MeasureUp, so I can't comment there. I did use the FREE clinic from M$ on MCDST. It covers both exams, and is available here. I also use XP everyday, although not with admin tasks, just regular use, and little tweaking.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    must admit - there are things you wouldnt do in the real world that MS expects you to do on the exam ! icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    must admit - there are things you wouldnt do in the real world that MS expects you to do on the exam ! icon_confused.gif

And vice versa.....one thing to watch for......M$ doesn't want the correct answer, they want their correct answer, which could be different from what you or I would do......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    Ricka182 wrote:
    I did use the FREE clinic from M$ on MCDST. It covers both exams, and is available here.

Thanks for the link!!
  • Options
    keshabkeshab Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi - new here!

I have been working for a compant for 5 years doing daily support for xp and office. I've installed servers, hardware, software, RIS, DHCP, routers, alot of networking, installing citrix and support, pretty much bits of everything. " years as a hrdware engineeer before that.

I've also done the 270 MOC classes, upgrading to server 2000 classes amongst others. I am continually playing with XP in the office and at home ( dont do much regional settings and laguages stuff as all staff are in the UK )

So thought passing the 271 would come reletavly easy, but upon taking the Measureup practice exam only got 47 percent icon_eek.gificon_redface.gif

I have managed also get on the MCDST course in 2 weeks time but now unsure if even that would be sufficent. icon_confused.gif . Must admit not haing taking any exams for 7 years or so......any pointers on what Im doing SOOOOO wrong?

Helllllllllpppppppppp
  • Options
    was there an end to that question? icon_confused.gif

( ok so my spelling and grammer isnt great but I dont claim to be a brilliant typist! )