Passed 70-680; I'm now an MCITP: EA

agreenbhmagreenbhm Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed 70-680 on Wednesday, my first day of vacation from work. Now it's on to enjoying my vacation knowing that I'm an MCITP: EA before 2011, which was my goal. I've passed 7 exams in the past 6 months (293,294,298,299,649,647,680), earning my MCSE: Security, MCTS, and now finally MCITP: EA. Now it's on to Exchange 2010 MCITP.

I had a bit of a scare the other day when I was impatient about my MCITP showing up on my MS transcript and noticed a typo (although I wasn't sure if it was at the time) on MS' site. See this thread for the full story: http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-7-exams/61393-mcitp-ea-70-681-required.html

Hope everyone has a great holiday and a happy new year!

Comments

• LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    Well done and congrats!!

icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif

I'll be doing 647 hopefully in January making me a member of the MCITP:EA club if I can knock the sucker off............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    That's a big accomplishment. Congratulations!
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • agreenbhmagreenbhm Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    LCA wrote: »
    Well done and congrats!!

icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif

I'll be doing 647 hopefully in January making me a member of the MCITP:EA club if I can knock the sucker off............

Good luck studying for the 647! That was a tough one; I've taken 15 tech exams (CompTIA, Cisco, Microsoft) and 647 is the only one I didn't pass the first try (by ONE question, grr!).
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats icon_cheers.gif
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations that's a nice achievement, I'm studying for 70-647 myself hope to finish soon and get my MCITP-EA
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the achievement!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • bmcdevittbmcdevitt Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    agreenbhm wrote: »
    Passed 70-680 on Wednesday, my first day of vacation from work. Now it's on to enjoying my vacation knowing that I'm an MCITP: EA before 2011, which was my goal. I've passed 7 exams in the past 6 months (293,294,298,299,649,647,680), earning my MCSE: Security, MCTS, and now finally MCITP: EA. Now it's on to Exchange 2010 MCITP.

I had a bit of a scare the other day when I was impatient about my MCITP showing up on my MS transcript and noticed a typo (although I wasn't sure if it was at the time) on MS' site. See this thread for the full story: http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-7-exams/61393-mcitp-ea-70-681-required.html

Hope everyone has a great holiday and a happy new year!

damn.... did u have experience before you started ur studies? major congrats BTW, im jealous.
  • lenell86lenell86 Member Posts: 75 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bmcdevitt wrote: »
    damn.... did u have experience before you started ur studies? major congrats BTW, im jealous.

Yea I'm wondering too if you are already in a job that does this everyday...if you were a complete newb and did this in 6mo with that many certs in that timeframe, you'd be labeled as one of those paper MCSE's..
    Certifications complete: A+, Net+, Security+, MCTS 70-401, MCSA
    Currently working towards: MCSE (70-293)
  • LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    lenell86 wrote: »
    Yea I'm wondering too if you are already in a job that does this everyday...if you were a complete newb and did this in 6mo with that many certs in that timeframe, you'd be labeled as one of those paper MCSE's..

It's a matter of finding a balance if like me here in New Zealand wanting to break into IT networking administration. Here is I guess like other many other places. If you only have a few certs (ie. A+, Network+, and a MS OS client exam) it's very tough to get a decent IT job especially like here where the job market is tight made worse here in Christchurch by a massive earthquake in Sept 2010 that has damaged much of the CBD.

I am fortunate in that I'm in the middle of second full time IT course, this one is at the level of the MS Server 2008 exams and also covers SQL Server, Exchange 2007 etc. So I have hands-on experience of many Windows Server technologies including NLB, clustering, Hyper-v, and advanced config of AD DS, AD CS etc. Other topics include infrastructure planning and maintainence (ITIL, MOF4 etc).

I've been doing the MS exams at a leisurely pace (4 between March - December 2010). As soon as i pass 647 I'll looking for an IT job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog
  • agreenbhmagreenbhm Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bmcdevitt wrote: »

Thanks. I have been working w/ Windows for about 12 years (since I was 10), but have been working full time in the IT field for a number of years. I also went to a tech school where they prepped us for the MCSA/MCSE, and I got the MCSA 1.5 years ago, but had been lazy and hadn't taken the MCSE exams. I finally got my mind in cert mode again this past summer and have been keeping my nose to the grindstone ever since.

I just got back from a 7 day cruise and managed to watch more than 1/2 of the TrainSignal 70-662 (Exchange 2010) course while vacationing. I'm looking forward to this exam, as I've been working w/ Exchange 2010 since the RC and Exchange 2007 for the past 2+ years.
  • chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    Congrads and can feel that excitement at that crucial moment ... icon_thumright.gif
  • TrainSignalEricTrainSignalEric Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with the Exchange exam! icon_thumright.gif