Options

Took RHEL 6 Virtual Class

block921block921 Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
What a bunch of garbage the class was. It was very buggy and we had to use the NX client to connect which was so slow. The first day we spent the whole time troubleshooting setting up the class and audio and then YUM and that is it. The new book is nothing like the old book, its a work book that you have to fill out. There are answers to the questions but the majority of them are missing from the answer key in the back. The class was a waste of money, anyone taking the exam should hold off a few months till better training guides are out. The class audio had this obnoxious loud roar all the time which made your ears bleed.

Comments

• Options
    /pub/beer//pub/beer/ Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My virtual training was RHEL5 based and I had a great experience with one class and a good experience with the other. I've heard that about the RHEL6 books - I don't think the classroom training is any better. Not enough time to write all the notes and do it on the machines.
    Certification Goal:
    - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I also took the virtual training class for RHEL5. The class was a joke...the site looked like someone from AOL created it back in 1999. The course materials where also filled with holes and I wasn't impressed.