Options

CompTIA Advanced Security Certification

ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
This is a very interesting topic. CompTIA is developing a more advanced security certification. Nothing is final yet, but it does seem like it will be something to keep an eye on for 2011.

CompTIA Exam Development
CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA

Comments

• Options
    TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    ibcritn wrote: »
    This is a very interesting topic. CompTIA is developing a more advanced security certification. Nothing is final yet, but it does seem like it will be something to keep an eye on for 2011.

CompTIA Exam Development

I never thought of CompTIA having anything advanced. They were always the first step in the IT as far as i was concerned. Maybe they are tired of that.
    Or... maybe this will help close the gap between security certifications because i honestly see a lot of space between something like Security+ to say, CEH or SSCP.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think there needs to be something in the middle. I would have rather worked on the CEH than the CISSP but you have to have the CISSP now a days for most security jobs even though the CEH would have taught me more useful information.
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    I never thought of CompTIA having anything advanced. They were always the first step in the IT as far as i was concerned. Maybe they are tired of that.
    Or... maybe this will help close the gap between security certifications because i honestly see a lot of space between something like Security+ to say, CEH or SSCP.

id say the sscp is really the middle ground for sec lineup then on to c|eh or cissp
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    walterbyrdwalterbyrd Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anybody want to take a guess at when the exam will actually exist? I am guessing: no sooner then summer of 2011. More likely, late fall 2011.