Options

OS share in Network+?

Ed1975Ed1975 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was looking forward to getting rid of Vista and installing 7 after the A+, but now I've realized the Network+ may well include a sizeable Vista element.

Can anyone give me a rough ballparkish idea of which OSes N+ focuses on in percentage terms? Is the main emphasis on XP or Vista? Or is it about equal? Does 7 get a look in?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    Ed1975 wrote: »
    I was looking forward to getting rid of Vista and installing 7 after the A+, but now I've realized the Network+ may well include a sizeable Vista element.

Can anyone give me a rough ballparkish idea of which OSes N+ focuses on in percentage terms? Is the main emphasis on XP or Vista? Or is it about equal? Does 7 get a look in?

Thanks!

From what i remember, it doesn't focus on Vista or Windows 7 the way you may think. Its more general Windows and Linux based instead of specific OS's. You'll get questions like which command will give you the following output or which command will give you the mac address. To be more specific you should know things like the difference between ipconfig(Windows based) and ifconfig(Linux based) There output, to be more specific.

It focuses more on Windows if my memory serves correctly. Its not like the A+ where it asked you specifically which operating system uses this command or file path.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• Options
    Thanks, Ruski, that's useful. I'd better start learning something about Linux :)
  • Options
    TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    Ed1975 wrote: »
    Thanks, Ruski, that's useful. I'd better start learning something about Linux :)

Not a problem. But don't go that deep into Linux, Its just like a few commands you need to know for the test. After the test, go crazy with it.icon_cool.gif
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• Options
    Yeah, I'm meaning to get better acquainted with Linux. So far I've just played around a bit with Debian and Ubuntu. But I've never used the command-line interface or anything like that.

Look in any large bookstore now and you'll see loads more magazines for Linux (and Mac) than Windows. It does seem like Linux will be one to know down the road.