Options

Skillsoft CISSP

rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
Has anyone used any of the Skillsoft material for CISSP preparation?
CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS

Comments

• Options
    Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes since I have access to it through DoD and there is a lot of good information there. I am still working through other things before I will fly back to the states to take the test. I will say they are good but not all inclusive I still used the official CBK (a must), Shon Harris All-in-one, Shon Harris Practice exams, SearchSecurity CISSP videos by Shon Harris and cissp CISSP training Certified Information Systems Security Professional study guides.

This is all coupled with the additional training I am ingesting with my work in my Masters and other security credentials.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Thanks. I've got access to it as well. I took the practice test yesterday (quick, shotgun approach) and I only missed passing by a couple of points. I guess I'm trying to figure out if Skillsoft is a good indication of where I stand in regards to the material - I'm still planning on getting the AIO and using other resource. I guess where I scored really surprised me.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 0 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The tests in skillsoft are not the best for figuring out if you are ready to take the exam. I do not know if there is a single tool out there that does help you determine that. sabooher stated the practice exams he used really did not help him perhaps if someone else chimes in on a set that they liked and helped them earn their CISSP.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • Options
    WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    If you are DoD I recommend skipping Skillsoft as they are pretty worthless. Instead, quite a few DoD employees are eligible for VTE training which is pretty good, a live instructor filmed in a classroom environment. The CISSP course especially prepared me for the exam. All of this training is free to Army and other select DoD jobs, so I highly encourage you to go that route if you are DoD and are eligible for the free training.