Having helva time with vpn client 64 for windows7

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
hey guys

what is the trick for vpn client 64 for window 7?
I mean I get this fatal error and nothing I read works?

Am I forced to use xpmode ??virtual mode? on my windows 7 machine
I am using HOme edition windows 7 and it is 64 bit.

Is this my problem will vpn client run on home edition????

Comments

• shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Last time I checked they removed it from the Cisco downloads, I'm wondering if they bailed on supporting it.
  • steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We've been using Shrewsoft's VPN for our 64bit machines. It allows you to import the Cisco .pcf profiles.
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Are you using the Cisco vpn client? I believe the client isn't supported on 64 bit OS (Cisco is almost forcing you go to to an SSLVPN solution). When I used the client last, I had to utilize XP mode for it to work.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    rwmidl wrote: »
    Are you using the Cisco vpn client? I believe the client isn't supported on 64 bit OS (Cisco is almost forcing you go to to an SSLVPN solution). When I used the client last, I had to utilize XP mode for it to work.

I know there was a client for 64 bit, but looks like it has been removed.
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    shednik wrote: »
    I know there was a client for 64 bit, but looks like it has been removed.

Are you sure? It's been about a year since I last used the Cisco VPN client and I swear I remember there not being an x64 version. But I could be wrong.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    We use it and it works...had to disable auto-tuning though on all vista/win 7 machines with this command for it to act right though (M$'s fault...not Cisco's)

netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled

They run like a champ after that
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    vpnclient-winx64-msi-5.0.07.0290-k9.exe

this is what I just downloaded with our smartnet for our asa 5505 contract. this said it was for windows 7 and i am using home prem windows 7 64 bit system. but i didnt know you could use a pcf file with shrew. i have seen many migrate tothis i guess i am also just psses a guy off. i know cisco isnt a software company some would say but they have systems that need to be accessed they had better get on the stick and improve their software. i guess you dont need 64 bit power and i am looking into using xpmode on windows 7 not sure if home prem can do that. but iam also bailing on my wind 7 home prem and just going to get ultimate windows 7 so when i use my adv IT toys i dont get so many issues. i got work to do you know haahahah
    thanks men! for your help