Passed Today...where now

meltingmanmeltingman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Scored 835 & 842

Found 702 to be the harder test.

Too bad I couldn't get security + in before the end of the year

I'm also network+ certified, I'm thinking of doing MCSA next since I can apply the comptia certs towards it.

Anyone have any other ideas?

I don't work in the IT field and have limited professional experience, most of my experience comes from the love of technology.

Comments

• TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    meltingman wrote: »
    Scored 835 & 842

I'm also network+ certified, I'm thinking of doing MCSA next since I can apply the comptia certs towards it.

I don't work in the IT field and have limited professional experience, most of my experience comes from the love of technology.

Since you have a love for technology. Maybe you should focus on becoming certified in something you love. Anyone can reel off certs you SHOULD get but you gotta look at where you are and where you want to go. Maybe that way, you can get a job doing something you love and life would be grandicon_cool.gif
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Scored 835 & 842

70-680 would be my suggestion. Deployment for Windows 7 will be a hot commodity in the next couple of years.
    N2IT wrote: »
    70-680 would be my suggestion. Deployment for Windows 7 will be a hot commodity in the next couple of years.

Yea its already starting. and considering there are still deployments for XP if you can believe it. I was on one about 2, maybe 3 weeks ago.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• meltingmanmeltingman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yea its already starting. and considering there are still deployments for XP if you can believe it. I was on one about 2, maybe 3 weeks ago.

Well I would enjoy running networks more than working on pcs

Thanks for the advice, I think I will start there.
  • ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    Well I would enjoy running networks more than working on pcs

Thanks for the advice, I think I will start there.

If your goal is to be more networking centric I wouldn't really focus on Microsoft certifications. Sure they can't hurt, but do you want to work on PCs? or Desktop support? If not, then I would look into Cisco CCENT/CCNA.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Scored 835 & 842

some one told me the MCSA is dead
    MCITP is the way forward my friend
  • BOTLFED1BOTLFED1 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you're in to networking, Sec+ might be a good one to have!
    BOTLFED1 wrote: »
    If you're in to networking, Sec+ might be a good one to have!

Security+ wouldnt hurt, as it will lay a foundation especially if you ever want to go the network security path.

But if your really into networking, than like ibcritn said, go for Cisco. After you get your CCNA, there a quite few different paths you can take from there that revolve around networking.

Security+ wouldnt hurt, as it will lay a foundation especially if you ever want to go the network security path.

But if your really into networking, than like ibcritn said, go for Cisco. After you get your CCNA, there a quite few different paths you can take from there that revolve around networking.

So many choices. I was going to do sec+ next but since I wont be granfathered into it, I thought I might as well do something else first.

Cisco does seem to be the ultimate route. I was hoping to be @ a job that may give me more time to do studying or at least pay for me to take the tests lol.
    So many choices. I was going to do sec+ next but since I wont be granfathered into it, I thought I might as well do something else first.

Cisco does seem to be the ultimate route. I was hoping to be @ a job that may give me more time to do studying or at least pay for me to take the tests lol.

If only life was that simple. If i had a boss paying for everything, there is no telling what certs i would have now. But i have to remember, there is no use in getting certs you have no intention on using. Unless its to advance your career. To be honest, that's the only reason why i have Samsung, HP and Dell certs lol

• SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Just note that Microsoft/Cisco certs are a few steps above CompTIA and are not easily obtained without some first hand experience. Good luck.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
    SteveLord wrote: »
    Just note that Microsoft/Cisco certs are a few steps above CompTIA and are not easily obtained without some first hand experience. Good luck.

I noticed this about the Cisco certs. I would love to get a router here set up a network etc... to have some good experience.
    Thats why I would love to be in the field before I take Cisco

The MSFT dont look as hard, but still a little above comptia, but Im sure I can handle it after some studying and practice tests.

thanks!
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yea its already starting. and considering there are still deployments for XP if you can believe it.

I can...there's a lot of software/technology that still doesn't work with Windows 7. Once those kinks are worked out, XP can die it's proper death.

(I still have XP on my work desktop. When my work laptop had to be replaced, I instructed my help desk buddy to not give me a XP image...I have to learn 7 at some point....might as well be now. :D )
    erpadmin wrote: »
    I can...there's a lot of software/technology that still doesn't work with Windows 7. Once those kinks are worked out, XP can die it's proper death.

(I still have XP on my work desktop. When my work laptop had to be replaced, I instructed my help desk buddy to not give me a XP image...I have to learn 7 at some point....might as well be now. :D )

Well I had the displeasure of going through vista before 7 so I was probably a lot more appreciative of all the enhancements lol but it isn't hard to navigate.

I like how they claimed the compatibility mode would solve all of those problems but it definitely did not. It helped with some vista software but i don't know about XP since I don't have any XP software to test that on.