7 Points

mkilpatrmkilpatr Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I got my results for the CISSP. I got 693. really disappointed!

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    mkilpatr wrote: »
    I got my results for the CISSP. I got 693. really disappointed!
    That's so close you should ask for a manual recounting. The error rate is on the the new exam accounting system they are using is probably lower than it was, but it can't hurt to ask for a recheck.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    So close. What was your study plan? And welcome to TE.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Ahhh!!! Dont you just hate that! I studied for 3 months last year and failed with a 673 of 700. Well I have scheduled the exam for the first of Feb 2011. So I am gearing up as we speak. Don't wait a year like I did to retake. Study hard for the next 2 months and try again.

My repeated chant for the next 2 months are: " I am going to pass the CISSP in Feb 2011!!"
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    Wow, that was super close. I would ask for a recount for sure, just like Florida lol.

I studied for 6 months before I took my exam. It got kind of old after a while but I kept on. That extra studying really paid off in the end. What was your study plan, maybe we can give you some pointers.

Moe.
  • mkilpatrmkilpatr Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used Shon Harris 4th edition and freepracticetests.org.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    No CBTs or additional resources? Most study plans I see point to multiple books + CBT + other web recources. I'm not saying that your plan is wrong, just what I see as a trend here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 0 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    mkilpatr wrote: »
    I used Shon Harris 4th edition and freepracticetests.org.

This is what worked for me, maybe it can get you an extra 7 points next time.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/61276-passed-cissp-exam-study-plan-inside.html

If you do nothing else, I'd recommend getting the Shon Harris AIO in the 5th Ed.

Moe.
  • flippedmanflippedman Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Moe,

After 6-months of studying, do you feel like the concepts were ingrained into your head enough to answer the questions on the test confidently?
    flippedman wrote: »
    Moe,

After 6-months of studying, do you feel like the concepts were ingrained into your head enough to answer the questions on the test confidently?

I was pretty dang sure that I was going to pass but tried to remain humble. When I got back from Afghanistan I had my fiance ask me questions out loud and I answered most of them correctly before she even finished the question. That was a huge surprise to me because I'm a terrible test taker. But when I sat for the exam I felt good the whole time and didn't ever have the anxiety that some get after testing. I left the exam smiling and drove 2.5 hours home drinking some of the left over Red Bull from the exam.

I had a bad feeling after taking my SAT and GMAT exams and did badly lol. I never felt that way about the CISSP. I think that was from studying so long. No concept on the exam surprised me and I'm sure I got some wrong. The Security+ had some concepts and subjects that I wasn't prepared for due to lack of study.

But yes, I felt confident and 6 months of study might have been over-kill. I tend to think of it this way, at least I didn't have to take it more than once. :)

Moe.