Options

bad router/switch

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Alright so I ended up burning out the socket and had to get it replaced. One of my routers or switches were plugged in that socket. Does anyone know how to find out if something is up with the power for the router or switch? Or would I just end up getting a new replacement??
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I assume you mean the wall socket for mains?

You need a multimeter to test the cable and then the PSU in the router/switch but if you're unsure about how to do this then you should find somebody who does know. Playing around with mains electricity is a bad idea unless you know what you're doing. You should also get an electrician to check your breakers as they should have tripped before your socket actually burns...
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yea, I was using the fall socket. We had the electrician come in and work on it so the the wall socket is working again. I'll see who I can find to check out the power supplies.

thanks for the help.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****