Options

No middle of the road

C1800# start rant

This job search is beyond frustrating. After 10 years in IT you would think getting a job wouldn't be too tough.

I get tons of people call my phone. But its always the same thing. I'm either way to overqualified for the position, and they want someone with "less experience", your "too senior for this position" or on the flip side I get "you have a lot of skills but this is a senior position, and we need someone with a little more experience in XYZ"

No middle ground! Hah, have this interview with Cisco coming up here shortly. But they still feel that I'm overqualified and wanted someone with about 5 years of experience and me having double that apparently reflects bad on me.

Probably had a good 20 interviews thusfar, all go very well, but no job yet.

C1800#end rant
Currently Reading:
CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide

Comments

• Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    millworx wrote: »
    C1800# start rant

This job search is beyond frustrating. After 10 years in IT you would think getting a job wouldn't be too tough.

I get tons of people call my phone. But its always the same thing. I'm either way to overqualified for the position, and they want someone with "less experience", your "too senior for this position" or on the flip side I get "you have a lot of skills but this is a senior position, and we need someone with a little more experience in XYZ"

No middle ground! Hah, have this interview with Cisco coming up here shortly. But they still feel that I'm overqualified and wanted someone with about 5 years of experience and me having double that apparently reflects bad on me.

Probably had a good 20 interviews thusfar, all go very well, but no job yet.

C1800#end rant

Well, if you apply to a lower position, tailor your resume a bit.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    powerfool wrote: »
    Well, if you apply to a lower position, tailor your resume a bit.

I agree with powerfool. But not only to tone it down, you should also be tailoring your resume to every different job you send it to. Not every job has the same needs, so why send them the same solution?icon_cool.gif
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]