Failed! 623...

SpecialladieSpecialladie Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
I don't know what I am going to do It will take me a long time to raise that money again, I hope I can still get something decent until I retest.

Comments

• ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. The exam truly is very hard to prepare for due to the amount of information it covers....and any random detail that you could be tested on...its a lot to take in.

You were close...I bet keep studying while you save up and take another crack at it and you'll pass.

What material did you use?
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • SpecialladieSpecialladie Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had just finished a class in Information security the CBK was the text, CBT nuggets which was just like the class same powerpoints and everything, CCCure.org practice exams for a month.
    I had just finished a class in Information security the CBK was the text, CBT nuggets which was just like the class same powerpoints and everything, CCCure.org practice exams for a month.

Ah well very close. Yea I don't think im ready yet myself. I am on my 3 CBT series (PrepLogic, Carnegie Mellon, and now Shon Harris video course). I think you might want to give the CISSP All-in-one Exam guide a shot, but its certainly no easy read....the video course seems very good so far.

Now I am going to really work on my resume and get it up to par. What would be a good area to start to work my way into the security field sans cert right now.
    Now I am going to really work on my resume and get it up to par. What would be a good area to start to work my way into the security field sans cert right now.

Whats your location/goals. The way I got into the security field was I found my passion and got skills for that passion....when I had phone interviews people heard how much I loved security and it helped me to get several interviews a couple leading to offers.

I would say find your passion in security and go after that. SANS courses and certifications are certainly great, but they are $$.

The biggest thing you need to figure out is knowing what role you wish to fill in security, so you can find the jobs on Monster/Dice/Careerbuilder/etc and see what skills they require.

Some may require CCNA/CCNP Security, some may require CISSP, some may require a GIAC cert...it depends on what role you wish to fill. I will say "breaking" into security isn't easy unless you have several years experience working with the technology you wish to secure.

• bobbyvbobbyv Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't know what I am going to do It will take me a long time to raise that money again, I hope I can still get something decent until I retest.

Greetings fellow 623 club member . . . sigh. icon_cry.gif

I'm honestly to the point that I'm feeling too old to even bother with this test again.
    I have decided to go to WGU if I get in, waiting on the refer a friend thing comes through, My professor from my last school really only mentioned the SSCP like it was the only thing I needed to advance my career. Since I did not pass it I haven't heard from him. I also my leave that cert by the wayside as I work toward my BS.