Taking test in about 24 hours

capitalsowncapitalsown Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Any tips? I finished Darril's book two days ago, and I did very well on the practice test in the book (97/100). The head of our foundation emailed me this great study guide that really gives a very thorough, but concise, overview of each topic and I've been going through that as well as reading through those "Exam chapter review" sections that summarize the chapters' content and I definitely recognize and can explain all the terms. Any sections I should study extra hard though? Thanks!

Comments

• badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    well its probably too late to answer your questions.. so goodluck! let us know how u do, looks like you should be able to pass with that DG practice test score icon_thumright.gif
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck and update us with your pass!

Nice forum name btw.

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!

Im headed to the Winter Classic tomorrow :)
  • 94jedi94jedi Member Posts: 177
    Just make sure you know cryptography well. Check out the technotes on this site as well. ALthough, if you've been thorough (sounds like you have) you'll be fine.

GO CAPS and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

lots of DC metro area natives here!!!
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
  • capitalsowncapitalsown Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did extremely well and I honestly still can't believe I got a 875. I am seriously used to getting scores around 750, and that score is absolutely beyond expectation. After reading Darril's book (I didn't read cover to cover, just chapters 1-10. None of the "about the exam" or "about the ___" chapters), I studied until it was time by simply going through all the CompTIA objectives, finding the ones I didn't quite understand, looking them up in the index of Darril's book and then reading the sections of the chapters associated with that topic or objective. That helped me patch up any holes.
    MrAgent wrote: »
    Good luck and update us with your pass!

Nice forum name btw.

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!

Im headed to the Winter Classic tomorrow :)

You jerk, I tried to get tickets, but I couldn't afford the asking prices on craigslist :p. Have fun!