Passed with 875!

capitalsowncapitalsown Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Got an 875. When I saw my score, my jaw hit the floor. I figured I'd get a LITTLE higher than what I normally got, considering was more confident with most of my answers than previous tests and didn't have to mark as much for review, but that was WAAAAY beyond expectations. I used Darril's book, mostly. I read the whole meat of the book and then the morning of the test I just went through all the CompTIA objectives, everyone I didn't recognize or could not (in my opinion) adequately explain, I looked it up in the index of the book and then read the sections associated with that topic or objective. I employed a similar study strategy for Network+ and it worked there too, so you might want to give it a go. I really must thank you guys because I probably wouldn't have passed without Darril's book and I don't think I would have found out about it if I never came here.

Comments

• ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    Congratulations on the pass!

If you haven't done this already I would go play with some of the technology you learned about while studying for Security+ at Insecure.Org - Nmap Free Security Scanner, Tools & Hacking resources (Sniffers, Vulnerability Scanners, Protocol Analyzers, Exploit software) Oh its fun! :D
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • capitalsowncapitalsown Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oh also, I'm a little confused. Is there literally only one single question on port numbers they have in the pool? Seriously, everyone I know personally who took the test all said, when I asked them "How many questions were there on port numbers?", "Just one, it was on secure LDAP.". I took the test, I also got one port question concerning secure LDAP. I found that odd, since that's 3 different tests all with the same question.
  • atenzaatenza Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I took the test this evening and didn't get any port questions.
    atenza wrote: »
    Congrats! I took the test this evening and didn't get any port questions.

Well just because you didn't get any port questions period doesn't necessarily mean they don't only have one.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I had one port question...and it was covered in DG's book (though without it, I knew it because it is a very well known port).

In any event, Congrats!

To everyone else, for port questions, even if you didn't know it or for some reason it wasn't in DG's book, the other ports could probably be eliminated through process of elimination...
    erpadmin wrote: »
    I had one port question...and it was covered in DG's book (though without it, I knew it because it is a very well known port).

In any event, Congrats!

For port questions, even if you didn't know it or for some reason it wasn't in DG's book, the other ports could probably be eliminated through process of elimination...

What? When did I say I didn't know it? I know secure LDAP uses 636. I just thought it was weird how everyone in my class who has taken the test got that same one question as me.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What? When did I say I didn't know it? I know secure LDAP uses 636. I just thought it was weird how everyone in my class who has taken the test got that same one question as me.

My apologies...I wasn't saying you didn't know it. Was speaking to everyone else at that point. I'll edit that now. :)
  • citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    Congrats on the pass!