Passed TUC Today

CCVP has been accomplished, didn't post any other exams being complete. Just don't have enough time with the new Job and other things going on right now. Next goal is to knock out the CCSP and CCNP Wireless Early next year enroute to taking the CCIE R&S lab again.

Good luck to everyone else who is studying for CCVP.

Study material is:

current job, thanks bossman!
Cisco Press Books
INE CCIE Voice Material
CBT Nuggets, thanks Jeremey

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CCVP has been accomplished
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    Next goal is to knock out the CCSP and CCNP Wireless Early next year enroute to taking the CCIE R&S lab again.
    No -- it's a Trap!! Focus on the R&S Lab, then worry about the CCSP. :D Sigh -- unless you need it for work.

That CCSP (when I had all the books and Cisco announced an "upgrade") is what diverted me off my direct path to the CCIE R&S -- and to the point of "collecting the entire set" of professional level certifications (damn the CCNP Wireless -- full ahead CCIE R&S).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

No -- it's a Trap!! Focus on the R&S Lab, then worry about the CCSP. :D Sigh -- unless you need it for work.

That CCSP (when I had all the books and Cisco announced an "upgrade") is what diverted me off my direct path to the CCIE R&S -- and to the point of "collecting the entire set" of professional level certifications (damn the CCNP Wireless -- full ahead CCIE R&S).

yeah, you are right, they are all diversions! I guess I just need to put my head back down for the next 2 months and go full force at the CCIE Lab again. It helps now that I have a friend that I work with who is also being pressured into obtaining the CCIE for our company. So we are both in the same boat and being pressured to get it. I guess its that time again to get back into the trenches.

It was fun commenting on threads and actually having a life again. Oh well, this CCIE thing better be worth it! Back to the trenches of Redistribution, IPv6 and Multicasting... among others...

I may even make a Troubleshooting video series to help people out. Alot of people are requesting TSHOOT material lately.

Thanks for the suggestion, I guess I just need a good kick in the rear every once in a while. I guess I'm a glutten for self humiliation and pain. Everyone who attemps the lab is!
  • tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    Congrats!!!

cant wait to for the ccvp feeling then cry for the IE-V feeling lol
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Very well done sir! I'm working on my CCVP as well, hopefully getting QoS knocked out soon once I get the time to actually take the test. Fortunately of all the things to delay my CCVP, it is a CUCMv8.0 implementation. So it could be worse!

Onward to the CCIE!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    congrads you went at this full steam.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    Thanks guys, looks like the company is not giving me any break. going back to take the CCIE R&S lab mid Feb, wish me luck!
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Nice work CW. Congrats.

Hey, your list of certs is almost as long as Mikey's now.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.