New guy on the scene

someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
What's up guys!!

I'm coming over from the 290 section, hoping to nail this exam and acquire my MCSA status amongst the rest of you. I'm looking to start the new year off right!!!! let's get this..

Comments

• CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    good luck. I'm still working on my 291 exam myself.
  • pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck to us all, I'm looking do this exam by mid January
    God deserves my best
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck to both of you.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Howdy - me too. I like to read through old posts on this forum but you'll usually find me talking to myself in my thread on the MCSE general area.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • vwtechvwtech Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm starting to work on this now.
    I heard this one is a real dragon.
    Will be using virtualbox and KVM (at home) for hands.
    At work I support 2003 servers too.
    Don't tell co-workers your going for a Cert that they don't have. They may think your trying to take their job.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck I'm also on the journey to my MCSA/MCSE!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    I've heard the same, but I'm sure if we all put in a lot of effort and patience we will prevail!!!!
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The beast. I'm studying for it, myself. Aiming at mid-April to take the exam. I've failed it twice (by a few points each time). Third time is a charm. Make sure you get the Second-Shot when you register! I've found some new material to study (I was weak on DNS), and using the sticky at the top of the thread to really reinforce some topics. Great material!
  • Jarhead2011Jarhead2011 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck on this one. I booked this exam for Monday, first attempt so I really hope all goes well, the fact that I have to drive for 5 hours to the testing center just to fail would be disappointing. RRAS and RADIUS is the main topics holding me back. and the making sure to know my dns.

Hope we all to good on this one.
    "Getting information off the internet is like drinking water from a fire hydrant" - Michell Kapor
    2013/2014 Certifications
    CCNA R&S Project Management SQL 2008/2012
    Currently Reading: Network Warrior 2nd Ed.

Good luck on this one. I booked this exam for Monday, first attempt so I really hope all goes well, the fact that I have to drive for 5 hours to the testing center just to fail would be disappointing. RRAS and RADIUS is the main topics holding me back. and the making sure to know my dns.

Hope we all to good on this one.

I know what you mean. I road tripped for my 290 exam. 300 miles and a night in a hotel. (lucky for me, it was a success)

DNS and RRAS are pretty big topics. Make sure you understand them, and start asking questions if you don't.

Good luck
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I know what you mean. I road tripped for my 290 exam. 300 miles and a night in a hotel. (lucky for me, it was a success)

DNS and RRAS are pretty big topics. Make sure you understand them, and start asking questions if you don't.

Good luck

yeah for me its also a night in the hotel, luckily I also passed the previous 70-270 and 70-290. Hopefully the same goes for this one and then it is still 3 road trips for the rest.

Doing my last preparations for monday, then reading the sticky resources ate the top of the forum.

any of you have testout or cbtnuggets, want to find out if the dns and rras sections you found useful?
    "Getting information off the internet is like drinking water from a fire hydrant" - Michell Kapor
    2013/2014 Certifications

• pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    any of you have testout or cbtnuggets, want to find out if the dns and rras sections you found useful?

I have the cbtnuggets and they reinforced what the MS press did, of course the book went into a lot more detail than cbtnuggets, but they still helped IMO.
    God deserves my best

James Conrad does the CBT's for the 290, 291, 293, 294, and 298. I find him to be very helpful in his teaching style. I would never take a test completely based off of that, but it certainly helps. He shows you some neat things to give you personaly hands on experience, even if you have never done it. I think the 291 had 4 or 5 videos completely devoted to RRAS. More than any other topic in any video series.

If you got some extra bucks lying around, it will certainly help you out.
    James Conrad does the CBT's for the 290, 291, 293, 294, and 298. I find him to be very helpful in his teaching style. I would never take a test completely based off of that, but it certainly helps. He shows you some neat things to give you personaly hands on experience, even if you have never done it. I think the 291 had 4 or 5 videos completely devoted to RRAS. More than any other topic in any video series.

If you got some extra bucks lying around, it will certainly help you out.

thanks, I got CBTNuggets yesterday going through it now, looks great. yeah I won't take the test based on just that, but for me I remember and understand more when I see it visually, and not just text like the mspress books.

So it'll be me and 13hrs of video and then i'll hit the transcender exam and going over white papers and other resource sites, before Monday.
    2013/2014 Certifications

So it'll be me and 13hrs of video and then i'll hit the transcender exam and going over white papers and other resource sites, before Monday.

Transcenders are great too. I find that by the time I get to them I usually already understand the material, but still get questions wrong because I am thinking too quickly and miss something. By making those dumb little mistakes on the practice tests I'm ready for those little twists on the real thing and don't fall for it there.
    Transcenders are great too. I find that by the time I get to them I usually already understand the material, but still get questions wrong because I am thinking too quickly and miss something. By making those dumb little mistakes on the practice tests I'm ready for those little twists on the real thing and don't fall for it there.

same problem here at home i try to go over a little too fast and miss something. got off today and tomorrow from work so ill be studying 24/7.
    2013/2014 Certifications

• someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    I had my job pay for the CBTnuggets MCSA/MCSE video package.. I need to start taking this a little more seriously. I've been slacking with the 291.