Testing on December 4

azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
Is anybody else taking an ISC2 exam on December 4th?
Currently Studying:
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)

Comments

• dijital1dijital1 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Testing on the 5th in Atlanta.
  • blanca_nievesblanca_nieves Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    azjag wrote: »
    Is anybody else taking an ISC2 exam on December 4th?

How did it go?
    Hurry and wait starts... icon_smile.gif
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The test went fine. They started shrink wrapping the books prior to handing them out. Test went well in my mind. I did the same thing i did last time and answered every question i could on the first pass in the book. Then went back through to fill in the bubble-sheet and answer the ones that I wasn't sure on. Answered about 175 questions in 80 minutes on the first pass. Went back through and filled in the bubble-sheet as well as answering the questions I didn't know immediately off hand and walked out in 3hrs 45 minutes. I was the 3rd person out the door. The first guy out finished in 2hrs including 2 smoke breaks. Now back to school work for the rest of the year. Have to finish some classes to maintain my scholarship.

I still have the feeling i didn't do well. I think most people feel that way after walking out of this test. Hopefully I get a email by xmas.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    Sure you did fine mate... I'm hoping to get my results before year end as well. Might be wishful thinking. icon_smile.gif
    You took your test today. How did it go.
    Currently Studying:
    @~" questions, so all that's left to do is hurry up and wait now icon_smile.gif
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You took your test today. How did it go.

I am sure you did fine. How did it compare to the SSCP? How long did you study for the CISSP?
    I haven't taken the SSCP. I studied approx 2 months for the CISSP using the Shon Harris AIO book.
    twice as long, same feeling of mile wide inch deep. I started studying back in September but didn't really get a chance to kick into high gear. I used CISSP for dummies, CISSP CBK, some CBT nuggets, and CCCure.org.

It helped that I had already been through the SSCP and covered those domains. Weakest subject is still encryption.
    Currently Studying:
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    twice as long, same feeling of mile wide inch deep. I started studying back in September but didn't really get a chance to kick into high gear. I used CISSP for dummies, CISSP CBK, some CBT nuggets, and CCCure.org.

It helped that I had already been through the SSCP and covered those domains. Weakest subject is still encryption.

Do you think the SSCP has helped you in your current or prior roles?
    Do you think the SSCP has helped you in your current or prior roles?

I think it has helped in many ways. At my previous position I was the only one who had any security training. I was able to apply the knowledge learned in several of the domains to my position. Especially since I started studying for it around this time last year. It also meant I wrote a lot of policy proposals for the CIO to approve and implement. That was a small shop and didn't have a need for a full time security admin.

I started my new position Nov 6th of this year. I was the only candidate that had an SSCP out of ~200 applicants. It was considered "nice to have" whereas the VCP cert got me the 2nd interview. There were CISSP's that applied but didn't have the VCP cert or the required years of experience in domains of 1k+ users. I have had some opportunities to apply it in meetings when looking for ways to improve security into a current system. However my job is strictly Systems Administration, we have an entire department dedicated to IT Security. If all goes well with the CISSP I may be moving to that group in a year or so. Have to get past probation first and get used to the large environment. 14k users, 500+ servers in 24 domains.
    Currently Studying:
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How much IT experience do you have (if you don't mind me asking)?
    How much IT experience do you have (if you don't mind me asking)?

I've been in the IT field since '99.
    Currently Studying:
    Well I was hoping for results by christmas, instead all I got was Jury Duty. Judging by the recent posts it looks like next week or even during the first week of Janurary. I'll keep you posted.

azjag
    Currently Studying:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 0 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    The one thing I noticed while waiting for exam results from ISC2 is that I seem to get more email from them. Any other time that I'm not waiting for exam results I might get 1-3 emails a month. During the time between taking my SSCP and receiving results I averaged 6 emails a week. While waiting for my CISSP results I'm getting 8-9 emails a week and this is during the holiday season. Now waiting for the results for the CISSP exam is a little skewed because i'm getting emails to finalize my participation in a SME opportunity. Anybody else notice this trend?
    Currently Studying:
    Many people have mentioned something like this before and figured it had something to do with pass/fail results but it doesn't. Maybe it's a coincidence and they planned to send those emails at this time anyways.

Moe.
    sabooher wrote: »
    I didn't receive anything (except a survey) from the time I took the exam until the time I got my results.

Also haven't received anything from them since I've been waiting for my endorsement to get approved.

I haven't heard anything about my endorsement either but I heard it takes 3 weeks and I know the holidays slowed that down for sure. I submitted it on Dec 21st.

Moe.
    sabooher wrote: »
    I called today and was told endorsements are taking 4 weeks now. Another agonizing wait....

At least the hard part is over!

Moe.
  • CanadianMikeCanadianMike Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Word to the wise... dont quit smoking and then write the CISSP, especially when waiting on results =) I wrote Dec 4th in Ottawa, ON.

Moe, I love your profile gif... I feel the same way right now.icon_lol.gif
    Well it's been 4.5 weeks and no word. It's taking a lot of self control to not call and bug them before the 6 weeks is up. It will probably show up after I submit this post.
    Currently Studying:
  • CanadianMikeCanadianMike Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I really hope your results are coming soon because I appreciate the feeling.

Funny thing is I got my news in email today - passed. icon_cheers.gif

Now on to accreditation...
    I really hope your results are coming soon because I appreciate the feeling.

Funny thing is I got my news in email today - passed. icon_cheers.gif

Now on to accreditation...

I got my results at 10am today. icon_cheers.gif
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/61912-results-i-passed.html#post488189
    Currently Studying:
    I got my notification yesterday that I passed. icon_smile.gif I enjoyed the exam much more than the CISSP. It was more straightforward.
    dijital1 wrote: »
    I got my notification yesterday that I passed. icon_smile.gif I enjoyed the exam much more than the CISSP. It was more straightforward.

So which exam did you take?
    Currently Studying:
    The ISSAP exam
    I forgot to write about my experience and the books I used for studies. My training for the CISSP exam started back in Dec'09 when I was testing for the Security+. After I passed that exam i signed up for the SSCP in mid April For some reason I felt the Sec+ studies would overlap on the SSCP exam. In a lot of ways it did and that helped with my studies. My studies for that exam the ISC2 CBK books, CBT nuggets and some flash cards. I passed that exam in May and was fully credentialed in June. I paid for the CISSP test in August for the December sitting. For that exam I bought the newest version of the CBK. very powerful sleep inducing wording in there, be careful. Finished that book and used some of the CBT nuggets videos to fill in the gaps. After that I read the CISSP for Dummies book 3rd edition. More of a light reading but was easier to understand some difficult domains by getting a different perspective on things.

The day of the test I arrived 10 minutes early. Signed in and sat down at the tables. About 24 people testing that day. Only CISSP's. After going over the rules we unpack-aged our books and test sheets, filled out the scan sheets. Promptly at 9am the test began. I went through each question and circled the answer I thought it could be. Crossed out the ones that were obviously wrong. I underlined or circled the words that were used in the questions that helped me come to the answer. I did this through the entire test. After going though and answering all the questions I took a break. After the break I would pull out the test sheet and start transferring my answers over. For my SSCP I was the first candidate out the door. This time I was the 5th person out the door.
    Currently Studying: