Can you download windows 7 enterprise trial without signing up?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Is there a free link to Windows 7 enterprise? All the downloads I find require you to sign up :/ I am looking for a VHD / VHC version.

I was able to mount 2003 and load it with my windows virtual pc.

Comments

• MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just register to download the ISO, it's only two pages if you already have a Live ID. I searched and couldn't find a VHD evaluation that was still valid.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It seems VHD is no longer available however check this out it's the 32bit edition of Win7
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    N2IT wrote: »
    Is there a free link to Windows 7 enterprise? All the downloads I find require you to sign up :/ I am looking for a VHD / VHC version.

I was able to mount 2003 and load it with my windows virtual pc.

I'm not sure if it's Enterprise but you can download Win7 from NIST that is already USGCB compliant: The United States Government Configuration Baseline (USGCB) - Virtual Hard Disks (note - Virtual PC only supports 32bit OS so you need to go to wither 2008 running Hyper-V or a third party virtual machine if you want to run x64 vm's)
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    rwmidl wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's Enterprise but you can download Win7 from NIST that is already USGCB compliant: The United States Government Configuration Baseline (USGCB) - Virtual Hard Disks (note - Virtual PC only supports 32bit OS so you need to go to wither 2008 running Hyper-V or a third party virtual machine if you want to run x64 vm's)

Does Hyper V or the Oracle VM session have a free version?
  • NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    HYPER-V.... Microsoft Hyper-V Server: How to Get It

Oracle.... VirtualBox

Maybe these will help.
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
    Thanks guys. I am overwhelmed at the moment. I am just going through Messers videos and finding a hell of a time with that. Part of my problem is my hard drive is so friggin small. I can fill it up in a HURRY. I really need to buy a new license for Windows 7 64 bit and a 500 GB drive.
  • NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Thanks guys. I am overwhelmed at the moment. I am just going through Messers videos and finding a hell of a time with that. Part of my problem is my hard drive is so friggin small. I can fill it up in a HURRY. I really need to buy a new license for Windows 7 64 bit and a 500 GB drive.

What OS are you running?
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
    NOLAJ wrote: »
    What OS are you running?

Vista 32 bit Business

I don't know if I have the resources to take on this challenge right now. THe technology side of it is taxing enough, not having the financials on top of it is really knocked the wind out of my sails.
    You should be able to use trials for everything, and not have to buy any software. Server 2008 includes Hyper-V, so you can use that evaluation with the Windows 7 evaluation, if your PC supports Hyper-V. Hyper-V Server is totally free, no evaluation needed, but that would require a dedicated machine that couldn't really be used for anything else. The free VirtualBox also works well and has better hardware compatibility than Hyper-V, and you can install it in your Vista desktop.

I wouldn't bother with VHD downloads since the 680 covers the OS installation process, so you might as well use the installation ISO to create new VMs and install the OS. After minimal practice, creating VMs and installing OSs will seem simple enough that you won't want to do it anymore. At that point you can use some of the deployment knowledge you'll gain while studying for the 680 to sysprep and clone VMs.
    MentholMoose
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    I just used my hotmail email to sign in. Downloaded Windows 7 Enterprise trial and installed it last night using VMWare Player. Host OS is Windows XP Pro. Gonna try to install Ubuntu tonight :D

When I get my 64-bit system build going, I will install the Windows 2008 R2 trial.
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
    badboyeee wrote: »
    I just used my hotmail email to sign in. Downloaded Windows 7 Enterprise trial and installed it last night using VMWare Player. Host OS is Windows XP Pro. Gonna try to install Ubuntu tonight :D

When I get my 64-bit system build going, I will install the Windows 2008 R2 trial.

I just upgraded to 8 GB of ram. The machine is working so much better now. I have 3 Vm sessions currently runnings. 2003 server, 7 enterprise, and 2008 server. Im so glad I upgraded my base OS and ram.
  • TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    I just upgraded to 8 GB of ram. The machine is working so much better now. I have 3 Vm sessions currently runnings. 2003 server, 7 enterprise, and 2008 server. Im so glad I upgraded my base OS and ram.

Nice one. I am looking at upgrading my laptop to 4GB(Only supports that much) and getting a bigger hard drive.

These are the times I wish I had a desktop.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Nice, did you say you are running Win7 64-bit or Vista 32-bit for your base OS?

I only have 4gb DDR3 ram for my new build that I bought months ago. Thinking I should double it...

Class taking:

• TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    You won't be able to see the full 8GB if it is 32bit. Only 4(3.something if the video card takes a bit) If that is what you are running, you will see a MAJOR improvement if you upgrade to 64bit.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

You won't be able to see the full 8GB if it is 32bit. Only 4(3.something if the video card takes a bit) If that is what you are running, you will see a MAJOR improvement if you upgrade to 64bit.

oh yah, thats right. so he must be running win7 64-bit :D

Class taking:

badboyeee is right, you just need a MS Live account, then just fill out a quick survey to get the Win 7 trial. Live is used for a lot of MS services, such as Hotmail, Xbox Live, and Technet, so it makes sense to have one anyway.
    MentholMoose
    Sorry for the late reply. Yeah enterprise 64 is what I run.

Not to shabby.

I am running that on my work laptop as well so the transition has been seemless.