Questions are welcome!

Comments

• keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    what where the main areas that you hit?
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • ferreiraedyferreiraedy Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Did you see any CatOs Based question?
    Did you see any question regarding specific characteristics of one switch hardware model?
    In which area did you get most of the questions?
  • koppykoppy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input.

I had no Cat OS questions. I had questions from almost all the topics covered in the exam. nothing specific to mention.

I used the Cisco Press BCMSN exam certification guide only.

I read the book cover to cover three times. On the third time I made a condensed version of the the original book. It was about 100 pages. I read that 3 or 4 times.

I used only router simulators and I have no real life experience.

I encountered atleast 10 questions comprising of screen outputs. I could not actually find out answers to them. Only guesswork.

I had two sims which were about VTP and Intervlan routing.
    koppy wrote:

I used the Cisco Press BCMSN exam certification guide only.

I read the book cover to cover three times. On the third time I made a condensed version of the the original book. It was about 100 pages. I read that 3 or 4 times.

I used only router simulators and I have no real life experience.

koppy, Thank you for your reply. This gives me some hope. I think I will be taking the exam in 2 week. I have no reak life experience either and I have made a condensed version of the Cisco press book also, around 70 pages. So, we have many things in common icon_wink.gif
  • koppykoppy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sybex book is not needed when you are using Cisco Press Book. If you are using only Sybex book, chances are there that you may fail as it is lacking is some areas. It is also true that the sybex book covers some topics better than the Cisco Press book. But questions are unlikely to appear on the exam from those topics. After all why do you want to learn something which Cisco does not want you to?
  • DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Because the exam dooesn't cover every possible real work scenario?

Besides, you never know what Cisco is going to pull out of the question bank and throw at you
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
    Hi,
    I did it too!, I passed my BCMSN today, 3 to go!.
    I felt very confident and very well prepare for this exam, but it was really more difficult than I had though. I got 880, but, belive me, it was not any easy.
    In my case, a lot of questions not covered by the Cisco Press books. You have to memorize every little detail of the Hucabi's Cisco Press book and learn additional concepts from the cisco.com web site. I also read the Sybex book.
    In my opinion the Cisco Press Flash Cards are useless, because you will face more difficult questions in the real test.
    Many questions must be solved using only your common sense.
    I was asked about every possible topic, a lot of STP, RSPT, MST, 802.1x, QoS, VTP, PIM, IGMP, a lot of SPAN, etherchannel, and so on...
    The only good news is that the simulations are easy.
    Now, let me face the BSCI....
    Good luck for everyone.