Options

Ccie dsl

ironman682ironman682 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am a CCNP Certified with mid experience, can someone give me a little idea about CCIE DSL, will it be a good start, how is the job market, and if is good best resources for studying and preparing for the test.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You're several years to late.

There used to be several different CCIE Service Provider Written Exams to qualify you for the common CCIE Service Provider Lab Exam. Now there is just one CCIE Service Provider Written exam that qualifies you for the CCIE Service Provider Lab. The current Lab version gets replaced April 18th 2011.

There is now also a CCIE Service Provider Operations -- but there is only a Written Exam Blueprint listed, no Lab Blueprint yet.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ironman682ironman682 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please can you explain little details, are u saying I should do the SP CCIE? If so where to find course materials, and will this help in terms of job market

mikej412 wrote: »
    You're several years to late.

There used to be several different CCIE Service Provider Written Exams to qualify you for the common CCIE Service Provider Lab Exam. Now there is just one CCIE Service Provider Written exam that qualifies you for the CCIE Service Provider Lab. The current Lab version gets replaced April 18th 2011.

There is now also a CCIE Service Provider Operations -- but there is only a Written Exam Blueprint listed, no Lab Blueprint yet.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    ironman682 wrote: »
    Please can you explain little details, are u saying I should do the SP CCIE? If so where to find course materials, and will this help in terms of job market

Do you work for a service provider? If not, then CCIE SP probably isn't the way to go for you.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Please can you explain little details, are u saying I should do the SP CCIE?
    I'm saying the exam you asked about isn't available anymore. And when it was available it was one of qualifying exams for the CCIE Service Provider Lab exam.

Passing that exam just gave you access to the scheduling system to schedule a CCIE Service Provider Lab Exam. You're not a CCIE until you pass one of the CCIE Lab exams.
    If so where to find course materials
    The information for the various Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certification tracks is on the Cisco web site:
    Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert - CCIE - Cisco Systems

You can find the track comparison there.

For each CCIE track you can find the written and lab exam blueprints, lab equipment and IOS information, reading lists, maybe additional references or information, possibe suggested courses, etc.

Besides the suggested reading and lots of time spent reading the Cisco documention and doing hands on lab practice, there are 3rd party training companies that sell training material and/or bootcamps for the various tracks:
    Internetwork Expert
    IPExpert
    CCBootcamp
    Micronics (Narbik)
    NMC
    will this help in terms of job market
    The CCIE is well respected in the networking job market and as long as you can get past the CCIE level interview you should have plenty of job opportunities.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!