Options

BSCI preparation

xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
I plan on taking the BSCI exam by the end of the summer. As far as preparation, I think i'm going to purchase the Cisco Press BSCI book and reading it in about a month's time.

With the exception of a 2940 switch, I do not have any home equipment to augment my studies. However, I am interning at Dimension Data in Richmond, Va. Hopefully I will have the oppurtunity to play on some equipment for some necessary lab time.

I'm sure the CCIE's at the company will also aid in my study for a human reference on the material.

So my question is, does it sound reasonable to pass the BSCI by the end of the summer? Once college classes start in late August i'll be swamped with coursework, so CCNP study time will be limited.

P. S. - this website has proven to be one of my best study tools in the past, so I would expect it to be an even greater help for CCNP.

Comments

• Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    If you put in some serious time, then yes, it's feasible.

It's not easy.

I'm prepping for BCMSN now, and I swear to god, it's so much easier than BSCI simply because there isn't 7 different ways of doing the same thing (namely, routing). Each routing protocol is an enitity unto itself, and while there is some overlap, they all have their idiosyncrasies, and you have to be intimate with all of them. It's an awful lot of information to retain.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Tell me about it im studying for BSCI at the moment. icon_sad.gif
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    YankeeYankee Member Posts: 157
    Ya figger it will be any easier after your get your certifications? icon_rolleyes.gif

Yankee
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Yes, because at least in the real world, I can use **** sheets and reference material ;)
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=