No Ping to IP Phone

auosauos Member Posts: 186
Hi,
I give to my IP Phone (7960) a static IP address, and from my call manager 6.0 I cannot Ping to my IP phone, also I cannot ping from my PC to IP phone. All devices in the same subnet and no any security configure, please any help.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What's your switch configuration look like.

If you have an administrative IP address assigned on your switch in the same VLAN/subnet as your IP Phone, PC, and CallManager Server, what can you reach when you ping all your phone/PC/server? Can the PC and Server ping each other?

Is the PC plugged into the IP Phone switch port? Or is it plugged directly into your switch?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • auosauos Member Posts: 186
    mikej412 wrote: »
    What's your switch configuration look like.

If you have an administrative IP address assigned on your switch in the same VLAN/subnet as your IP Phone, PC, and CallManager Server, what can you reach when you ping all your phone/PC/server? Can the PC and Server ping each other?

Is the PC plugged into the IP Phone switch port? Or is it plugged directly into your switch?

I have no administrative IP address assigned to my switch, My PC can ping to CallManager and vs, my PC connect direct to switch not to IP Phone.

PC ping to Callmanager : YES
    CallManager ping to PC : YES
    PC & CallManager ping to IP Phone : NO
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    auos wrote: »
    I have no administrative IP address assigned to my switch, My PC can ping to CallManager and vs, my PC connect direct to switch not to IP Phone.

PC ping to Callmanager : YES
    CallManager ping to PC : YES
    PC & CallManager ping to IP Phone : NO

Is your IP Phone registering? Why are you using a static IP?

It would be very helpful if we could actually see your switch configurations, and any router you may have involved.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    All devices in the same subnet and no any security configure

This is basic layer 2 and 3 stuff at this point, so from the bottom up, can you confirm the ports are all in the same vlan? And what is the ip/mask/gateway (don't need one, since they're all in the same subnet and presumably vlan) of the Manager and the phone. The issue is in there somewhere.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have no administrative IP address assigned to my switch
    Did you try show cdp neighbor on the switch to see if the phone is there?

It might be useful if you did assign an administrative IP on the switch in the correct VLAN and see if you can ping the IP Phone -- and verify the cable works and the correct port is enabled.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!