Options

Best Video and Quality Training

dan101dan101 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone:

Just asking in your personal opinion what is the best video and quality training?

I just tried the preplogic training for there 1 month trial period for a special pricing of $50.00 a month, for there Unlimited Access Library, Which I found to be good, a bit better than LearnKey, I used to use LearnKey for my certification (i.e. A+ and Network+) but find them a bit pricey. I was giving a deal with Preplogic $199.00 a month for 12 month or one year for there unlimited Access Library instead of there 3yrs package for $149.00 a month according to there sales staff a savings of $1000.00. I got till tommorrow to think about it?

I also came across this website: Career Academy.com direct link to there Security+ training ( CompTIA Training Videos - A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Server+ Online and DVD Learning for Certification Exam Prep)

I saw on there website that you have direct access to a fully qualified trainer 24X7
( direct quote from there website:" Exclusive LearningZone Live Mentoring (Value at $295)")
Which I find this very interesting and useful, since I am doing this selfstudy on my own, but sometimes need an extra hand or question that I don't understand.

There's also Trainsignal and CBTNugget that I used while I was in School (College) Cisco Networking Academy they were pretty good, but looking for something that has a lot of resources such as Practice tests, Audio Training, Mega-Guides, pdf books etc, which Preplogic offers which is pretty good, but no online tutor to help you with your studies?

I also came across this website:Certdriven.com (CompTIA Security+) that offers more practice exams for only $19.00 not a bad deal in my opinion.

Please share any Certification Prep Video that you have used and believe is the best in terms of quality,content, and easy to understand concepts.

Dan

Comments

• Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dan101 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone:

Just asking in your personal opinion what is the best video and quality training?

I just tried the preplogic training for there 1 month trial period for a special pricing of $50.00 a month, for there Unlimited Access Library, Which I found to be good, a bit better than LearnKey, I used to use LearnKey for my certification (i.e. A+ and Network+) but find them a bit pricey. I was giving a deal with Preplogic $199.00 a month for 12 month or one year for there unlimited Access Library instead of there 3yrs package for $149.00 a month according to there sales staff a savings of $1000.00. I got till tommorrow to think about it?

I also came across this website: Career Academy.com direct link to there Security+ training ( CompTIA Training Videos - A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Server+ Online and DVD Learning for Certification Exam Prep)

I saw on there website that you have direct access to a fully qualified trainer 24X7
    ( direct quote from there website:" Exclusive LearningZone Live Mentoring (Value at $295)")
    Which I find this very interesting and useful, since I am doing this selfstudy on my own, but sometimes need an extra hand or question that I don't understand.

There's also Trainsignal and CBTNugget that I used while I was in School (College) Cisco Networking Academy they were pretty good, but looking for something that has a lot of resources such as Practice tests, Audio Training, Mega-Guides, pdf books etc, which Preplogic offers which is pretty good, but no online tutor to help you with your studies?

I also came across this website:Certdriven.com (CompTIA Security+) that offers more practice exams for only $19.00 not a bad deal in my opinion.

Please share any Certification Prep Video that you have used and believe is the best in terms of quality,content, and easy to understand concepts.

Dan

Testout has been my favorite bar none!! I love the fact that they have labs that you can complete online, tests, and fact sheets that you can paste into a one note notebook. The progress bar that comes with each course lets me know how far I have come to reaching me goal.

LabSim Free Trial

See how much you'll save using TestOut's LabSim

TestOut LabSim - MCSE, MCITP, MCTS, CCNA, CISSP, SSCP, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, Linux+ Certification Training
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    SouljackerSouljacker Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Preplogic has some good training, but bear in mind that a year of access is going to end up being around 2300 dollars total - and unless you are really nose to the grindstone the amount of value you will get out of it will vary. I'd rather spend that money on some courses at a community college toward a degree.

I was given a similar deal (and wow their sales folks are pushy) but I ultimately turned it down because they don't have training materials for my next goals (Server+ and Linux+) and I couldn't see getting locked into a year or two subscription right now.

The training is excellent, but I would recommend buying them individually unless you have a very solid plan of where you are going and when you are getting there - otherwise it's just a lot of unused content while you drain your bank account.